DW300 Pump installed - losing psi...

Sal 87WE2

--NONE--
Hey all, anyone have any issues with DW300 pump losing pressure at idle ?

Here is what is going on, I installed a new DW300 pump using the supplied universal fuel sock with their “star” metal retainer clip (big mistake). I set the pressure at 43.5 psi vacuum line off and made a pass. I stopped and checked the fuel pressure and it dropped to 39 psi – so I increased the pressure to 44 psi and made another pass and checked at idle with vacuum line off ad same thing, pressure dropped ANOTHER 5psi. So I then swapped to my stock 237 regulator and same thing happened. Fuel pressure starts normal and then drops after 2 passes.
I dropped the tank, removed the pump, and the sock fell off and was floating in the tank. SO, I bought a stock style sock and installed it and checked all clamps and connections to make sure no leaks. Well…… same damn thing is happening with the new fuel sock. I have the racetronix hotwire kit and fuel pump wiring harness as well. I have verified there are zero leaks and I can only think that maybe the pump sucked up some trash when the sock fell off the first time but I don’t know. I called Deatschwerks and they want me to send the pump to them for testing, which I will.
What are yalls thoughts on this?

What Paul said. If it is a liquid filled gauge they do this as the liquid expands with heat. They are only accurate at room temperature.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Make sure the hose clamps on the short piece of hose from fuel hanger to the fuel pump are tight. I had a similar issue and was going to put my old walbro pump back on but when I dropped the tank I realized the hose wasn’t completely tight on one of those clamps so I tightened it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What Paul said. If it is a liquid filled gauge they do this as the liquid expands with heat. They are only accurate at room temperature.

RemoveBeforeFlight
thanks but it seems that 9-10psi is a huge margin of error, don't you think?

A80D0E2A-79F2-4B59-BE15-0851521CCBC2.jpeg486E4AF3-9A47-46D7-A064-0F668F3C0B59.jpeg0322F80E-D6FB-4B5E-A222-666A79A0AF02.jpegE3C3DC1F-008A-401C-AB34-CDECD4A64D60.jpeg

It is and is normal for liquid filled gauges. The heated fluid puts pressure on the bourdon tube causing it to show a lower psi.

If you remove the fill plug/seal, this issue goes away.

RemoveBeforeFlight
Man, I have been chasing this fuel pressure loss since I installed my new pump....

So, this issue is common with these liquid filled rail mounted fuel pressure gauges??

Ok, you guys rock. The fuel pressure gauge was the issue. I drained the liquid and now it reads higher when hot. What a pos gauge. Thanks for all the replies, yall were a tremendous help!!

Ok, you guys rock. The fuel pressure gauge was the issue. I drained the liquid and now it reads higher when hot. What a pos gauge. Thanks for all the replies, yall were a tremendous help!!
Metco has a nice gauge and line that you can mount away from engines vibrations.