Dyno Day @ Carteck Performance this Saturday.

Originally posted by jsta6

Russ, I be lookin' for ya;) Maybe we can toss one on SR84 before the fun starts.:D

:eek: 1-1

Bad start, and it felt like I sufferd from an over powerd clutch :(

We should do it again, for all the marbles.

Bad start, and it felt like I sufferd from an over powerd clutch

That was weak man.:mad:

I wanted a good race so that I could say that I woopt you fair and square.

I knew something was wrong.

We'll just have to keep trying it until we get it right.:D

But next time I will probably be running more boost. Yesterday I was at 18lbs on 93octane/Xylene. I normally run 22lbs on 93octane/alchy.

So you had better bring your "A" game...;)

It was good meeting you and Maria. You f-body guys are a lot cooler then those mustang guys.:p

310horse / 440torque.

This was my first time, so I think I can do better.

I fell a little short of my goals. Well see what happens when I get back to my normal 22lbs on the alchy. I also plan on doing the valve springs.

Hope to be at 350/475 after that.:D

BTW, thanks to ALEX for coming out to support us and help us tune.

Alex couldn't run his car, but it was cool of him to come out anyway to lend a hand.

:D

Dyno king here!! ;)

404.5 hp 1089.5 torque!! :eek:

That was all at 1800 rpm!! ;) Actually they kinda screwed mine up and were only reading every other spark, so my rpm numbers were cut in half and my torque was doubled. So, in reality I ran 404.5 and 545 torque. Not bad considering it was pure 93 and alky 23 lbs of boost and 23* of timing. I kept turning up the fuel and getting better numbers. Last run the lowest o2 was 804 and I didn't get a single frame of knock, so I'm pretty happy with those numbers for street trim.

Yeah - thanks a ton to Alex for riding shotgun with everyone and watching the laptop or guages and in my case adjusting the alky and boost from run to run.

All 3 of my runs were within 5 hp of each other BUT conditions changed.

First run was 411.2 hp 485 torque, VERY rich and no knock on a cool engine downshifted to 2nd so torque was low.

Second run was 407.6 hp and 538.6 torque still pig rich (off the dyno O2 scale) so we cut back the alky to try and lean it out.

Third run was 412.5 hp and 543.6 torque, 190 degree hot engine and still pig rich at 10:1 so NO knock.

All of this was at 19 lbs boost, 93 octane and alky and NO TC lockup so I was happy. I know with it leaned out, 116 and 24 lbs boost I should be hitting 500 hp.

The BEST part was seeing the eyes of all the ricers watching the dyno computer screen when Black6pac put down 1089 torque. They all ran out screaming to their friends hee hee

All in all a great fun day.

Terry

How bad was the wait? I worked till 5am that morning and didn't want to get three hours sleep, get there at 930 or 10 and wait an hour. I've heard of Two Friend's Racing with a dyno, I'm going to talk to them about setting something up.

How bad was the wait?

I think the plan next time will be to put your name in, go to lunch, and come back.

We waited about three hours. But it wasn't like waiting in a line or anything. I went on a test run, wired in a tach, BS'd with the guys, went to burger king, etc. Wasn't that bad.

But then again, I have twins at home; going to jury duty or even the dentist is fun for me.:p

Glad everyone had a good time..

...and put up some nice #'s. For the conditions and the amount of time we had to tune the cars to make the best #'s on a Dyno, everyones cars did very well. Making power on a dyno is not all about turning up the boost, and usually takes some actual Dyno-Tuning as you all seen. I will be looking to set up another dyno day, in better weather, and either strictly for US or in conjunction with the F-bodys.

-Alex

Sounds like you guys had a great time ... keep up the good work with tuning the cars ....... Bradenton event is just around the corner :)

Jesse :cool:

...and now, the "Rear Wheel" numbers from Hot Rod magazine:

Trans AM:
292 Horse
307 Torque

C5 Vette:
285 Horse
301 Torque

Viper GTS:
406 Horse
445 Torque

Mustang GT (girls car):
180 Horse
250 Torque

SVT Cobra:
256 Horse
260 Torque

Grand Prix GTP:
197 Horse
262 Torque

Grand Prix GTP:
197 Horse
262 Torque
That can't be right. It seems to me that they are 0 and 0.;) :D

Ryan

Trans AM:
292 Horse
307 Torque

C5 Vette:
285 Horse
301 Torque

:D And you get what for an extra $20,000?