Dyno Day @ Carteck Performance this Saturday.

blackshoebox

Staff member
..It has been brought to my attention that Carteck will be doing an open Dyno day, this sat. Aug 2nd. It will be $35 for 3 pulls w/o a wide band, or 40$ for 3 pulls with a wide band. I know it is short notice, but this is a good price, and this is perfect to simply bolt your car on and get some pulls for bragging rights.

The phone # at Carteck is 954-474-5366, if you have any questions for them.

Please post here if you plan to attend. I will probably be there with my g/f's LS1.

Carteck, is located off SR-84 just past the signature Grand Hotel. I will get better detailed directions and post a map later. It is very close to tower shops.

-Alex

Awesome.

My alchy kit is at the shop, so I will have to go "au natural".

Are we going as a group? or do we just show up and what time?

Depending on participation, we can cruise in as a group, or individually. Dynoing starts @ 10 am, and it is on a first come, first serve basis, so I would advise getting there early.

Sorry for all of the questions...

Is it RSVP? I would hate to get there and not be able to run.

Maybe you can call them and say that we will be bringing 10 cars and we want to run at 12 or something. (just an example).

Thanks!

Also, we got to have Neil get this out in the newsletter/email.

Originally posted by jsta6

Is it RSVP?

I just got off the phone with them, it is First come, first serve.It starts at 10 am, so I would suggest getting there @ 9:30 or so. I will be there most of the day, to help any one of you guys who may need any help tuning your cars, to get the best #'s. If I was you shawn, I would add some octane to the mix, so you can run atleast 20 psi.

No way dude. I have my pride.

But then again, I said I would never go to DR's...;)

I am set at 17lbs right now with no alchy. I called SMC and he said he wouldn't be able to get me a new kit in time for Saturday's dyno.:mad:

My usual 22 is a long way from 17. I am to cheap to buy race gas. Maybe xylene. Do you know the formula?

I was going to ask Brad if I could borrow his tank/pump, but he already thinks I am a retard after I borrowed his g-tech, stock turbo and radiator...;)

Originally posted by jsta6
No way dude. I have my pride.

But then again, I said I would never go to DR's...;)

I am set at 17lbs right now with no alchy. I called SMC and he said he wouldn't be able to get me a new kit in time for Saturday's dyno.:mad:

My usual 22 is a long way from 17. I am to cheap to buy race gas. Maybe xylene. Do you know the formula?

I was going to ask Brad if I could borrow his tank/pump, but he already thinks I am a retard after I borrowed his g-tech, stock turbo and radiator...;)

I have the tank/pump that came off my car. If it is still working you can borrow it. It is sitting in my room, still full of alcohol.:D

If that does not work, I know the formula for xylene.

Sent PM on the alchy.

and I just remembered, doesn't jorge buy xylene by the barrel?;)

Dang, I'd like to do this...but I also don't want to sit for three hours and not get a run in. Specially since I have to be at work at 230.

What are the chances of setting up another one of these just for us?

Originally posted by WakkoSS
Dang, I'd like to do this...but I also don't want to sit for three hours and not get a run in. Specially since I have to be at work at 230.

What are the chances of setting up another one of these just for us?

I could set a dyno day up just for us, but since we have such a small group of participants, the price would not be as good. I am in talks with the F-body club I am a member at about getting another dyno day together for us and them, so the price is better. The f-body's usually have a nice turn-out for there events, so if we combine the two clubs, things should work out nicely.

This dyno day is just for anyone who wants to dyno their car now, and get a cheap price . Carteck's normal price for three pulls with a wide band 02 is $75. So this is a good price. Also, if you get there early(9 ish) I dont think you will have a problem getting your pulls in before you have to go to work.

-Alex

Shawn,
I've always thought you were retarted, even before borrowing all that stuff!! :D

I may just show up for this. I probably wont have the car tuned to well, but what the heck.

See if you can get Alex's bottle and if not, we may be about to swap out my bottle into your car in just a few minutes.

I'll probably go.

Last time I went to one here, I strolled in around noon and pulled right on the roller. I guess I just got lucky with the timming.

OK. I got double secret permission from the wife so that I could go.

Thanks Brad, but it is to much of a PITA to screw around with it, so I am going to skip the alchy all together and run Xylene.

Me and some xylene will be there at 10 sharp!

Russ, I be lookin' for ya;) Maybe we can toss one on SR84 before the fun starts.:D

Anyone going that has a laptop with Direct Scan on it that I can hook up to my car if I go?

The battery pack on my laptop with Direct Scan on it just died.
I also need help using it - 2 years old and I've never had a chance to try it since the fiasco with my car.

Terry

Terry, I'm not sure I am going...but if we're there at the same time you can use mine.