You can type here any text you want

Dyno run recordings???????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I spoke with the gentleman today and I'm scheduled for 10am tomorrow to make my dyno pulls!!! Thanks for the heads up Adam.

FS

Cool, Frank!

Bring extra alky just in case. Holding it steady for 10 seconds every 500 rpm increments from REDLINE down to idle may suck some juice.

Let us know how it goes.

I got a email about this and called the guy last week and told him to post on this board:) Alot of people dont want to run there car that long and hard:D Myself included so dont hurt your car . You need to take it to the track and get some real numbers LOL;)

Today we finally got a dyno recording done for the upcoming XBox car racing game. We did it in Tacoma at Axiom Motorsports.

Months ago, Mark's GNX recording was unsuccessful because his non-stock chip was running so rich black smoke was rolling out of the dyno shop during high rev blasts.

Some time later, Frank gave it a shot and the sound recordings somehow failed. Smoking from a tranny fluid leak evidently made things interesting as well. Luckily they fixed it on the spot. The recording gal thought Frank blew his engine up. I believe she thinks all GN's are junk now.

So the Microsoft folks were please to finally get a GN/GNX done even though they're behind development schedule.

They wanted a pull at redline, but I said holding at 5000rpm is as close as I'm willing to do. Then we did 4500, 4000...down to idle. Everything went well although it took about 3 hours with the cool down periods and a couple dyno problems.

The dyno was unique. It's called DynaPack and it attaches to your wheel lugs rather than driving on a roller drum. http://www.dynapackusa.com/
The shop, Axiom, caters to front wheel and all wheel drive cars, mostly imports.

My tune today was dialed back to stock 14psi of boost with no alky. Even at part throttle my GN still laid down more torque than their dyno could handle :eek: They said they don't have that problem with the typical cars they see. I had to ease into the throttle in order to get near full opening. Got enough good turbo spooling sound to make me happy.

The car ran great and I think it was less abusive than when I go the the track, especially since I dialed back the boost. They all were impressed by the car's torque numbers. So when I headed out I left them something to remember it...two nice long black strips in their parking lot.:D

Gotta love these cars!! :cool:

Back