You can type here any text you want

Dyno Time for the Malibu.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
The last time the car was on the dyno the AFR was very lean at 14:1. It made 407HP & 512TQ with 17psi on 93 octane. I've got everything sorted out and running well at the moment. This time I'll be running 116 octane at 22+psi. Plans are to run as much boost as possible to get that high HP number but I think I'll be running out of injector this time.:frown: What kind of RWHP do you guys think it will put out? My combination is in my signature.

Do you plan on locking that 9.5 convertor?

I would say, if you have 25° of timing in 3rd, 23 or 24 psi of boost, locked convertor it will make 515 horse, and then more with more boost.

How much timing is it going to have in it?

BW

After thinking about it, 600 horse wouldnt be out of reach if the boost was right and the temps were down.
Just depends on how much power you can make on 100% duty cycle on those 60's, not saying you should do that,just what power it will make with just those single set of 60s:smile:

The HP calc shows 100% duty cycle is 700HP, 9.99 in the 1/4 at 3536 LBS.

Will be interesting to see if how much power it makes.

My daily on meth A/F was 11.4:1
My white one on 110 octane was 12.1:1 to 12.5:1 during the pass, no knock.
BW

The HP calc shows 100% duty cycle is 700HP, 9.99 in the 1/4 at 3536 LBS.

Will be interesting to see if how much power it makes.

The car wanted to spin on the dyno. Also seems like the torque is way low for the amount of HP especially for a turbocharged engine. The dyno guy says it's probably the AFR being sooo rich and not being smooth. The AFR is all over the place. Got to get that fixed somehow and go back with some stickier tires. It was also calculated that at the flywheel HP is 700 assuming a 20% drivetrain loss. (I think that's what he said)

I did have an estimate for what I thought the car would make and I thought between 550 and 600 at the rear wheels.

The first 3 runs was with 22psi of boost and unlocked converter.
The 4th run was 22psi with the converter locked.
The last 2 runs was with 25psi and the converter locked.

When the torque converter locked you can hear the engine RPM lower in the video. :Video Here:

580alldyno.jpg

Jesus that graph need to be resized to be appealing to the eyes.

I cant tell by the graph, 580 is the peak hp at 5000 rpm and up right?

I watched the video, the car isnt really that slow to spool with the convertor unlocked is it?

Pretty good numbers if you ask me!

Why is your a/f soooooo far outta whack during the runs?

BW

Jesus that graph need to be resized to be appealing to the eyes.

I cant tell by the graph, 580 is the peak hp at 5000 rpm and up right?

I watched the video, the car isnt really that slow to spool with the convertor unlocked is it?

Pretty good numbers if you ask me!

Why is your a/f soooooo far outta whack during the runs?

BW

Q1: Yes, peak HP is above 5K according to the graph.

Q2: The car spools the TE70 P Trim pretty good.

Q3: I believe its the MAFTPro settings. I had the tracking "gain" set too high which caused it to over react when the WOT AFR correction kicked in.

I have a couple of long road trips with the car on 11-11-06 and 11-18-06 so it may be after that when I get a chance to dyno again.

Q3: I believe its the MAFTPro settings. I had the tracking "gain" set too high which caused it to over react when the WOT AFR correction kicked in.

Where did you have your gain set at? I had mine at 4 and it was too low, mine didn't have time to react.

makes good power! one observation i noticed. howcome right as your getting on it, the engine sounds like it bogs then picks up?

makes good power! one observation i noticed. howcome right as your getting on it, the engine sounds like it bogs then picks up?

I manually locked up the converter at 20psi which lowered the RPM.

Where did you have your gain set at? I had mine at 4 and it was too low, mine didn't have time to react.

I had it set at 50. It seemed to work good at a lower boost setting so I left it there. I still haven't made any full throttle runs on the street. i'm going to try it at 20 to see if that helps.

Back