You can type here any text you want

Dynomatte doors?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbobully

Has anyone dynamited their doors? I have my door panels off for new speakers and I just did my headliner w dynomatte so figure I'll do my doors as well.

i bought the stuff eastwood sells, i've never had any other stuff before so i dont know really how good it is... i'm doing my 70 chevelle with it..floors, doors,and as much as i can do for it to be quite inside..

Has anyone dynamited their doors? I have my door panels off for new speakers and I just did my headliner w dynomatte so figure I'll do my doors as well.

The body shop installed some sort of self adhesive padding on the interior of my doors when I had the GN painted. Really like the doors sounding solid when closing them.

I did it in 1994 with the original dynomat.

Just make sure you don't get any over any hinge points for the door lock mechanism or it will bind them up some.

Other than that it's a good idea sound wise. :)

Did mine, doors, floors, and roof panel. The body shop guy was saying your going to add ten-15 pounds to it. I said well I guess I will have to compensate with a new PTC 6262 ceramic ball bearing turbo. He laughed and said yea that would take care of the extra weight.

On the caution side you may want to use some gloves or something. Those openings sliced the crap out of my hands reaching in and out.

i bought the stuff from eastwood and the 9 sheets weight's 22# and its jsut enough i see to do the floors real good, thats not doing the door,wheel tubs, and behind the seat so your looking about 35 to 40#...

I just went around the drivers door and didn't make a pattern.

Passenger side I used smaller pieces cut with an electricians scissors and didn't gum up the door locks on that side. :p

I used a hair dryer and a 1" wooden roller.

Original heavy tar dynamat.

dynamat is for dampening vibration and isn't very effective blocking airborne sound like exhaust, road noise etc (if that's what you're trying to do)

I did the floors and doors on mine... Single sheet. Not too much difference since exhaust drone is so loud!:mad: It probably can't hurt.

Back