You can type here any text you want

E63 AMG MB .... the rematch

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I have a correction.
Saw the guy again yesterday in the same spot. I cruised past him and noticed it's actually a CLS 63 AMG.
Same car as an E63...different trim I guess.

Anyway...after I cruised by, he rolled in behind me and kinda rode my butt a bit.

Stopped at the red light ahead with him right behind me and a long open stretch with no side streets ahead. When it went green, I rolled into it and took off figuring he'd try again. He tried to stay with me until about 70 but I kept creeping away, so he gave up again.

A little later another 335i got cocky with me so I quickly slapped him to the curb too.

I like this sort of attention.

The CLS 63amg is a totally different animal. The difference is that the cls is a full size car that ways 400lbs more than the e class. Instead of running 11s stock, it runs high 12's. Still a good feeling to outrun a car that costs more than my house.

Straight off the AMG web page.
The CLS63 and E 63 AMG's are both the same size. Wheel base at 112.4 ".

E63 weighs 4035lbs and the CLS weighs 4210.

They run the exact same engine and drive train....the only difference is the weight which is attributed to the trim package for the CLS being more fluffy....thus the higher sticker price.

The CLS covers the 1/4....stock off the AMG line....at 12.8sec with a 0-60 of 4.3.

Due to the weight advantage, the E63 is only a couple tenths quicker. Very respectable, to be sure.
Can you tune them into the 11's and post the video on Youtube?
Why soytanly!!!!

But so can these Turbo Buicks....riiiiiiight?
nyuck nyuck nyuck....

So here's my point....demonstrated with repeat success now...I'm guessing I'm in the mid 12's which explains why I was able to pull away from a high 12 second CLS63 AMG driven by a lamb skin gloved rich boy.:D

I predict that if I come across an E63 that has not been tuned for the track....the race will be closer....but may end with similar results.:D

Straight off the AMG web page.
The CLS63 and E 63 AMG's are both the same size. Wheel base at 112.4 ".

E63 weighs 4035lbs and the CLS weighs 4210.

They run the exact same engine and drive train....the only difference is the weight which is attributed to the trim package for the CLS being more fluffy....thus the higher sticker price.

The CLS covers the 1/4....stock off the AMG line....at 12.8sec with a 0-60 of 4.3.

Due to the weight advantage, the E63 is only a couple tenths quicker. Very respectable, to be sure.
Can you tune them into the 11's and post the video on Youtube?
Why soytanly!!!!

But so can these Turbo Buicks....riiiiiiight?
nyuck nyuck nyuck....

So here's my point....demonstrated with repeat success now...I'm guessing I'm in the mid 12's which explains why I was able to pull away from a high 12 second CLS63 AMG driven by a lamb skin gloved rich boy.:D

I predict that if I come across an E63 that has not been tuned for the track....the race will be closer....but may end with similar results.:D

haha very good grasshopper :biggrin: I think the important thing here is, that you are still running moderate boost levels and were still able to pull away. :cool:

haha very good grasshopper :biggrin: I think the important thing here is, that you are still running moderate boost levels and were still able to pull away. :cool:

Welcome to the magical happy place of a Turbo Buick tuned by Lou Czarnota.
;-)

Stay humble young Tim Skywalker.

Don't let this new power corrupt you, like it corrupted your father (Lord Vadermutton).

You have not yet fully harnessed the power of the Dark Side.

One must walk softly, but carry a big downpipe.

Good kill, Jedi Yardbird.

Chia+Yoda=Chioda

Don't let this new power corrupt you, like it corrupted your father (Lord Vadermutton).

You have not yet fully harnessed the power of the Dark Side.

One must walk softly, but carry a big downpipe.

Good kill, Jedi Yardbird.

Chia+Yoda=Chioda

Uh....
Me thinks it's time for you to get a hair cut, there Chiadude...:p
It appears it may have tunneled into your ears and is now tickling your brain and making you write really weard stuff.:tongue:

Better get that fixed before you get back behind the wheel of the black n' perty SPOOLFOOL GN.;)

Uh....
Me thinks it's time for you to get a hair cut, there Chiadude...:p
It appears it may have tunneled into your ears and is now tickling your brain and making you write really weard stuff.:tongue:

Better get that fixed before you get back behind the wheel of the black n' perty SPOOLFOOL GN.;)

Buzz cut hair mod was done last week. So, that can't be the problem.

Rookie!:D

before you go to len freeman about your tranny,check the venders customer service thread about the experience another member is going thru with him right now. just trying to help you to not get screwed around also

before you go to len freeman about your tranny,check the venders customer service thread about the experience another member is going thru with him right now. just trying to help you to not get screwed around also

Ya...I've been watching that thread, and will be sure to check all references.
Not doubting that guy had the problems....and I don't want this post turning into a circus like that one is...but I just feel like there must be more to that story from the silent side....but the longer he stays silent...the uglier it makes him look.

All I can say is I know a lot of guys who use Len and have experienced nothing but glee...many of them went to Len after having a hard time with other famous builders and never had to look back.
There will always be a PO'd customer for one reason or another. It's unfortunate when someone is pushed to the point of having to air it out publicly and I hope they get it worked out.

Tim

You're (per Lou...) pretty much spot-on limiting boost to 20# via stock turbo. I feel, however, you're a ways yet from exceeding your stock downpipe limitations...

Good kills, BTW...

Back