You can type here any text you want

E85 Chip question for Extender Extreme G and TurboTweak

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CGASTON

Since gas chips are designed to read in lambda and lambda = 1= a stoich of 14.7 A/F for gasoline, are the E-85 chips made to read lambda = 1=stoich of 9.8 A/F? I am wondering if this is done? Thus making it easier tuning and wideband logging. Having to convert gas stoich to E85 stoich can be an PITA.......

There is no reason to convert. You can use the same A/F numbers you did for gas as a starting point, if you're using a wideband that reads on the gasoline scale.
Lambda is the same for either. It's just the gauge that converts it to an A/F.

There is no reason to convert. You can use the same A/F numbers you did for gas as a starting point, if you're using a wideband that reads on the gasoline scale.
Lambda is the same for either. It's just the gauge that converts it to an A/F.
Eric,

I understand that the Lambda is the same, but the stoich is different. So do I measure E85 at 14.7? This should be the equal medium, but a believe a little rich. Especially at idle.

When you see 14.7 on a wideband A/F scaled for gas, then you are at stoich for gas or E85, or any fuel (lamda of 1). For a turbo Buick, I prefer to idle them around 12.5-13.5 A/F in most cases.

Make sense?

yes..... So then would 12.5 be a little lean? Run WOT at 10.5? E85

12.5 at WOT would be lean, I would try for around 11.0 as a good starting point. Then go up or down from there to see what the car likes.

Back