E85 swap

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Seriously looking towards it. Who sells it in the DFW area? Thanks

Depends on where you are located. Still relatively sparse in the metroplex. You can find it though. Might have to travel and tank up.
iPhone apps that I use to find stations that carry E85. : E85 Prices and Alt Fuel.

the only place I know of is the racetrack at cooper and Mayfield in Arlington. I am kind of planning to do an e85 conversion but a set of larger feed and return lines and a dw400 pump will go on to make it go. The guys i know who do it have the -8 feed, -6 return and the dw400 pump, and a gnecu to tune for it. So I have some saving up to do.

Whats the advantage of using E85?

I'm getting back into my t-type after being away for a while and I keep seeing E85 mentioned.

I thought Ethanol was a no-no for performance cars?

if the fuel system is setup for alcohol it is a decent fuel. It is quite corrosive. But it burns cooler than gasoline so you can run more boost. But it has fewer btu of energy so you need more of it than gasoline. Hense the need for a larger pump, this in turn requires the larger feed and so the pressure can be controlled by the pressure regulator so a larger return is also needed. This can all be added and the stock stuff left there so the car can be returned to stock in the future if that need arises. Then there is the larger injectors. And a need to control them . You can see how this spirals out of control.

Yeah—seriously taking a look at a kit now that’s pretty turn key

if the fuel system is setup for alcohol it is a decent fuel. It is quite corrosive. But it burns cooler than gasoline so you can run more boost. But it has fewer btu of energy so you need more of it than gasoline. Hense the need for a larger pump, this in turn requires the larger feed and so the pressure can be controlled by the pressure regulator so a larger return is also needed. This can all be added and the stock stuff left there so the car can be returned to stock in the future if that need arises. Then there is the larger injectors. And a need to control them . You can see how this spirals out of control.

Im no expert but the fuel itself is not really corrosive. the problem is it absorbs moisture which will cause corrosion. you usually wont have any issues as long go through the fuel often. Just dont let it sit for long periods of time.

Im no expert but the fuel itself is not really corrosive. the problem is it absorbs moisture which will cause corrosion. you usually wont have any issues as long go through the fuel often. Just dont let it sit for long periods of time.
what is in it that eats up the rubber parts in older carbs on outdoor power equipment? I was under the impression it was the alcohol and its properties in the gas mix.

It's always the Ethanol that gets the bad rap but Ethanol, by itself, is not corrosive.

either way you need a big pump(s) and the lines to move the fuel. A birdie told me he was swapping out the dw400 for a twin racetronix setup as he didn't like the look on the logs and that is a lot of pump.

There’s a few places I know of. Valero in oak cliff, ft worth Ave and Davis sells it. Lewisville the racetrack off 544 and sam Rayburn sells it

Yeah—seriously taking a look at a kit now that’s pretty turn key
Hey man. Can you share wo sells a "turn key" kit, and did you end up getting one? What was included in the kit if you purchased one?