E85 vs. alky

I run E85 in mine, and I came very very close to passing emissions the first time without a catalyst converter, I now think the gas station was @E70, anyway went ahead and bolted it back up for a day, and it passed in super clean colors. You can run Alky mixed with 93 where yo can find it, just a warning...The highest octane you're going to find in Colorado is 91

^^^^ along those same lines, the most ethanol you can get in AZ is E53, all because of Ex Senator Jeff Flake.

I'm not familiar with either alky or E85... but isn't E85 corrosive?... I've read that it can corrode the engine's internal parts, fuel lines, etc... I know alky can be had in my area but I've never seen any place selling E85.

Claude.

I'm not familiar with either alky or E85... but isn't E85 corrosive?... I've read that it can corrode the engine's internal parts, fuel lines, etc... I know alky can be had in my area but I've never seen any place selling E85.

Claude.

Seems like that fits more in the myth department...next to the question what is the difference between methanol and ethanol? The black tar is real though.

There's more than one person claiming 40+ pounds on E85. Gotta have a lot of pump and injector to feed it though!
I've run 40+lbs of boost on pump gas alky as well.methanol,ethanol,etc with the proper approach will provide the octane to really push a combo

The biggest benefit when comparing the two IMO is that the e-85 at a good AFR has a higher heating value than petroleum based fuels even with the methanol unless you spray enough to overtake the difference, which translates into more power for an identical air flow. For just cruising around and not looking for a maximum effort, I don't think I would switch unless I had good quality next to the house.

The biggest benefit when comparing the two IMO is that the e-85 at a good AFR has a higher heating value than petroleum based fuels even with the methanol unless you spray enough to overtake the difference, which translates into more power for an identical air flow. For just cruising around and not looking for a maximum effort, I don't think I would switch unless I had good quality next to the house.
Leaner AF for sure. Spools faster and ability to make way power 93/Alky ...stuff doesn't detonate.