You can type here any text you want

eagle crank

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QUIP'6'

Brian Roman
are these a drop in crank or do i need to modify anthing. i just want to run a standard crank. my stock crank is cut .010 on rods and my thrust is .010 and .030 on the width

I dont think any forged crank is drop in from what i've gathered and been told. DLS has one that is supposidly "drop in", but it cost $850, I do believe he does the machining before he sends it out though.

You just need to have the journals checked. Sometimes the are out of round or crowned, so they might need to be cut. Also you will need to have the balancer and flexplate neutral balanced (the crank is internal balanced). Otherwise it is a drop in.
Jeff

You just need to have the journals checked. Sometimes the are out of round or crowned, so they might need to be cut. Also you will need to have the balancer and flexplate neutral balanced (the crank is internal balanced). Otherwise it is a drop in.
Jeff
and main bearings chamfered. Definitely not a drop in

I've never seen or heard of an Eagle crank that was a drop-in.

Any I'm aware of that got put in out of the box ended up eating bearings. Two friends of mine found that out the hard way.

My machinist refuses to build ANYTHING with his name on it, using an Eagle crank.

They are at best, good forged cores to work with and have ground to useable specs.

I installed one when I did my engine a few years ago but I purchased from DLS and Dan supplied me with all the proper main and rod bearings. My machinist checked it for straightness as well. I don't know if Dan does it automatically now or if you have to ask but make sure the woodruff key extends to the end of the crank instead of only halfway down (makes installing the balancer a whole lot easier). I had to clearence the block in about 6 places with the die grinder because the couterweights were hitting. Not a drop-in, but worth every penny.
Mike

Back