You can type here any text you want

Ebay: 1500 miles,dry rotted tires,faded carpet,flakey gold needs paint work 20K plus

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I think it's damn shame to leave it outside like that.

Is it me or are these low mile TTA's popping up out of the woodwork for sale lately? Maybe people are hoping to cash in on them being 20 years old but don't realize they haven't "gone GNX" yet?

I dont know if they will ever go "GNX"... I saw a 280 mile tta only sell for 31K on ebay a few weeks ago. It was 10 times nicer than this 1500 mile car.

About 10 years ago i had 3 tenth anniversary trans ams, one was a 32K 4speed and i let it go for less than 10K... Boy look at that car now, probably worth 20K now.
It seems that the Trans Ams take a little more than 20 years to get the most amount of money if your looking to sell. I agree, there are alot of them coming out of the woodwork....
Cant wait to see when these come out...:eek:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/gnx-fortunate-547/254356-what-kind-lives-some-gnxs-had-2.html

Attachments

• IMG_0219-vi.jpg
    IMG_0219-vi.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,555
I think the seller did a good job representing the low points of the car instead of hiding them like most sellers do. Loks like a well represented car and for a starting bid of $20k NO RESERVE, I dnt think it's a bad car at all.

It could be a 1500 mile car, after they hooked the speedometer back up before trading it in:eek: Just Kidding!!

My 19k mile car was in better condition.

The interior on this car does play the part, the steering wheel leather, the shifter handle. I would like to see the bolster.

I would not buy it sight unseen but then again I would never buy any car sight unsen anyway.

I wish I would of known about those 10th T/As. One of my top 3 or 4 cars of all time.:cool: Owned a 79 Auto, always wanted the poncho 4 speed:cool:

I dont think the seller is trying to hide anything, he clearly listed what is wrong with the car.
Its sad that it has all the issues a high mile car does, but the price tag of a low mile car,... Just think what all the new owner is going to have to replace, carpet, decals, emblems,paint work,spoiler painted.... And its a 1500 mile car:rolleyes:
Someone should have taken better care of it.

BW

The spoiler looks aftermarket to me. It looks like a larger than normal gap between the quarterpanel and the wing. At least it looks that way to me.

Unfortunately my 6K mile hardtop/cloth car looks a lot like this one. Mine is having a little paint work done (roof and aftermarket spoiler installed) and new emblems installed. My tires are dry cracked in the tread just like this one also. California heat is hard on a car. My interior is absolutly perfect and shows the actual milage. With a little work I hope to make mine look like the 6K mile car that it is.

About 10 years ago i had 3 tenth anniversary trans ams, one was a 32K 4speed and i let it go for less than 10K... Boy look at that car now, probably worth 20K now.
6 months ago it would be worth about $25-29k. A less than 1500 mile 10th ann 4-spd went for $59k on BJ last week.

Did you read the questions on that ad? There is no factory warranty?:eek:? ,lol.

Guess I'm out, lol.

I agree that the ad seems to be "telling it the way-it-is" instead of hiding stuff. Congrats to whoever bought it, they will be laughing all the way to the bank when they sell it at BJ in 10 years. I've seen some restoration projects on real rats, this is a nice solid car that will bring the big money because of the low miles.

Did you read the questions on that ad? There is no factory warranty?:eek:? ,lol.

Mine started its warranty when it went off mso in 1994 with zero miles.

Sure was nice getting it fixed under warranty and the car was 10 years old :biggrin:

Well there's the registry being ever so accurate again. The 1G5 proves it's real. Unless that's a typo too!

I bought mine off e-bay and it too was listed as an 8 cyl. Seller told me that e-bay's default engine option is either 2.8,5.0,5.7 and for the Trans am or Iroc it only lists the 8 cyl as an option...hence the 8cyl listing.

Back