You can type here any text you want

Eclipse GSX (AWD Turbo) with Bolt-ons

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
I took the car for a spin after changing the Oil yesterday and ran into a 199something :D GSX cruising around. The car was really clean, no ricer stickers, just gauges on the A pillar and an HKS (I think) cat back exhaust. I could definitely hear a Blow-off valve and the turbo was really breathing loud (external waste gate for sure). After messing around a little bit, he kindly asked me if I wanted to try it out and I said sure. We drove around for about 5 minutes and we couldn't find a street. Finally, we lined up on a back street and he asked me if I had gas and I said "about a quarter tank". He said he didn't have any gas, but was still going to run. I said "No No, if you don't have gas then Forget about it, I'm SURE we'll meet up in the street some other time". He looked at me and said, "let's go". We both start to build boost and I'm thinking holly sh!t, All wheel drive turbo and me with street tires, this guy is definitely going to get me out of the hole pretty bad. Sure enough, he looks over and I tell him to go. I was in full street trim with only 15 psi and really hot outside. He gets the Jump and takes off on me. Has me by a car easily out the hole. I left really soft and by the time my Turbo spools up to 15 psi, he's about a car and a half up front, then I start to pull him in. By the middle of second, I'm walking by him. Third comes in and I'm a full car ahead and shut down by 85 or so. We both pulled over and looked under each other's hoods, talked a little bit of smack, shook hand and went on our separate ways.

That’s what racing is all about. Fun. Good thing he didn't break anything, all though it was backfiring pretty nasty when he would shift.

Finally, a classy import guy with a pretty quick car. Those DSM guys are about as cool as ricers get. I've never had a problem with any.

:cool:

Sounds like fun! THe DSMs are pretty cool and can be quick with the right parts. He was cool guy too!

I met a guy on the street with a turboed Prelude once. He was a cool guy too. He wasn't even riced out! :D

Nice kill! :cool:

Do you know if it was a 1G or 2G? Was he still on the stock turbo?

Originally posted by dsm1995gst
Nice kill! :cool:

Do you know if it was a 1G or 2G? Was he still on the stock turbo?

Does 1G or 2G mean 1st Gen or 2nd Gen? If so, it was a 2nd Gen. 97?. The turbo looked small, but he did say the car ran 14.2 when it had the stock turbo. I'm guessing it wasn't a stock turbo. I know it wasn't a 20G cause I had one for my Starion a couple years ago and I remember what it looks like. Could have been a regular 16G, maybe, or a 14B. I dono.

:cool:

Back