You can type here any text you want

ecm/maf/chip-for my 84 gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stock84GN

Ok i want to chip my 84 hot air car but I here that if i chip it i should put 86 or 87 ecm in it ok thats fine but i also see talk about maf upgrade to LT1 or LS1. So do i need to change this if i do 86-87 ecm with chip ? Thanks

You could use a 86/87 MAF but i heard some get away with using the 85 MAF. The LT1/LS1 MAf with translator is what it's gonna come down to sooner or later, so most get it out the way.

Ok what if i leave the 84 maf on the car will it run good,bad ,not at all ?
You could use a 86/87 MAF but i heard some get away with using the 85 MAF. The LT1/LS1 MAf with translator is what it's gonna come down to sooner or later, so most get it out the way.

it will run, I heard of some members running 85 maf with 86 ECM and chip just fine. So you could get away with using yours for now.

ok looking in buying LT1 maf will i just be able to hook it up like my 84 maf or will i need something more than this? thanks

ok thanks for all the info.i will keep you posted not in a hurry as funds are tight. :frown:

Use your calpak(smaller chip from your HA ecm) to go into the Newer ECM, put that and your TT chip in. Touch something metal before hand tho, It's all plug and play. Your stock injectors are 28lbs, read the part # on the injectors if you can, to tell you if the size, or post some pics. unplug your battery to reset the ECM, pull the fuel pump fuse, crank over the car a bit to build some oil pressure. THen replug in your pump, then follow the TT chip steps to running the car it's first few mintues.

Use your calpak(smaller chip from your HA ecm) to go into the Newer ECM, put that and your TT chip in. Touch something metal before hand tho, It's all plug and play. Your stock injectors are 28lbs, read the part # on the injectors if you can, to tell you if the size, or post some pics. unplug your battery to reset the ECM, pull the fuel pump fuse, crank over the car a bit to build some oil pressure. THen replug in your pump, then follow the TT chip steps to running the car it's first few mintues.

ok that sounds easy. now i just looked at my fuel injectors cant see part number what would i look for to tell what size they are ?

Ok i put the new ECM & TT Chip in the yesterday car runs nice and idle is good but SES light stays ON now still have the 84 maf on the car could that be the reason the SES light stays on? Also now when i Rev the motor in park i here a knock,ping,ect. The header is cracked bad on the passenger side took that off last night to weld it up could i have been hearing that ? When i lay in it sounds fine feels good what could this be ?

SES light on will probably be that u forget to get the intake air temp sensor removed from the chip since hot airs do not have this sensor.

SES light on will probably be that u forget to get the intake air temp sensor removed from the chip since hot airs do not have this sensor.

i bought the chip used from a member here came off the same set up he said... :( how do i find out what code it is from ALDL connector

Back