ecm placement

Jbuick12

Im new to the gtp world, and was just wondering what to do with the ecm if i remove the stock air box and used a cone filter. Also, is it a good idea to remove the screen in the throttlebody or not?
thanks in advance

Jbuick12, welcome to the board. If you put a K&N filter in place of the air box, make sure the pcm is tied down or you can use velcro to secure it.
I would not remove the screen at the throttle body as 1) it will most likely cause the car to throw a code and 2) you do not gain anything by doing this.
You might want to join the Grand Prix club website which is very informative and you can learn alot. The site is www.gp-owners.com.

I've seen many PCM's tied down with zip ties. I choose to use the PCM box from Motorsports Preformance. I mounts to the existing holes from the air box, and uses Velcro to keep the PCM in its place.

I just removed my TB screen from my TB. I can't say there was a big difference. If you compress the screen it is supposedly about 12% of the area of the TB. I will probably keep it out for now.

Some people have experienced erratic idle without the screen in place. It's a quick experiment to tryout. ;)