You can type here any text you want

Edelbrock IAS Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87Turbo-TWE4

Can anybody offer any feedback on these shocks? I was considering Bilstein but am concerned about the stiffness of the Bils.

I do not personally at this time, but I am also curious as I am considering them as well.
Another guy I know is in waiting for them to arrive to switch his car over. Hope to have feedback from him soon.

And the answer is...

I tried all, and I mean all the shocks that would come close to being right on a GN.
The Edelbrock Performers are OK when on smooth roads. They have a firm floor when they are compressed and I think they stiffen too quickly. KYB's act the same on smooth roads, but they bottom out too easily. The Bilsteins have a more even feel through full travel. The Bilsteins are stiff, no doubt about it. Surface streets can be a bit tough, but the highway feel is great. You can feel the difference in running over a dime versus a nickel.

I have an old set of the Edelbrocks and KYB's in the garage gathering dust.

HTH.

I have then all around:cool: Before i had summit Drag shocks, those were pretty good and cheap. When i switched to Brock shocks it felt so much better. Turning, stopping, harsh roads, bumps. it all felt like driving on smooth pavement to me. I say go with them but that's my 2cents

The Edelbrock Performers are OK when on smooth roads. They have a firm floor when they are compressed and I think they stiffen too quickly.

I have the Edelbrock shocks on my 87 for about 3 years now. I like them a lot. You pretty much described them to a t but that's how I like my ride. :cool:

So they adjust to harsh roads pretty well without tearing your kidneys out?

It's a nice agressive shock. It seemed when I had the air bags loaded they were a little rought on the kidneys from time to time. I got a leak in the bags and they are empty and I never checked it out but the ride improved. Since I really don't race my 87 I have'nt looked for the leak since the car is riding much better on shock alone :)

I had them on my car, I took them off and run Bilstiens now and like them much better .

Back