EGR block off question

laws69cars

Hello everyone I just had a question. I am going to eliminate my EGR system and was wondering what I need to block off? Should I block of sections #1 and #2 or just the #2 area alone? Also was thinking to block ports with JB weld then use the block off plate on top? Do you think that would be a good idea? Open to different ideas.

Attachments

• 20150525_213424.jpg
    20150525_213424.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 464
I would have them welded up. I know JB is awesome but I would hate for a piece to come lose and find its way into the cylinder.

Most just close off the outside port.

Hello everyone I just had a question. I am going to eliminate my EGR system and was wondering what I need to block off? Should I block of sections #1 and #2 or just the #2 area alone? Also was thinking to block ports with JB weld then use the block off plate on top? Do you think that would be a good idea? Open to different ideas.
Just fab up a 1/4" aluminum or steel plate and put on #2 with the gasket. If you have a friend with tig welder you can put a square in the intake plenum for prettier job but its not required. I agree with vader on the jb weld, there is no gain to using it and who knows if it comes loose what it might do.