You can type here any text you want

EGR delete.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

davidf

I've noticed on some intake manifolds offered through vendors that the EGR is deleted. Is there an upside/downside to deleting? I see EGR blocks for sale as well. I searched but nothing came up:confused:. Thank's.

The point of the EGR is to "cool" the combustion temps when crusing, by re-criculating the exhaust gases, there is no oxygen in the spent exhaust gas and that lowers the temps, the lower the temps the less NOx are put into the atmosphere and that means lower emissions:rolleyes:. The manifolds you see are the champion ported or manifolds that people deleted the EGR tower inside the plenum. I dont really see a drawback from deleting the EGR. Here is a link to the blockoff plate GBodyParts.com Online. Hope this helps you understand it a little more

Sounds like a good idea to leave it. Thank you.

most aftermarket chips disable the egr...so it isn't functioning anyway if you are using one. The block off plate gets rid of some clutter :biggrin:

The point of the EGR is to "cool" the combustion temps when crusing, by re-criculating the exhaust gases, there is no oxygen in the spent exhaust gas and that lowers the temps, the lower the temps the less NOx are put into the atmosphere and that means lower emissions:rolleyes:. The manifolds you see are the champion ported or manifolds that people deleted the EGR tower inside the plenum. I dont really see a drawback from deleting the EGR. Here is a link to the blockoff plate GBodyParts.com Online. Hope this helps you understand it a little more

Engine emissions systems - how they work and why

From a Mopar site...but applies to all...

Back