egr plugged on 84 t-type

and don't worry about that vac hose not on the map sensor. I've blown the vac line off my alky injection at 23psi and the car is still living.

I understand completely what your saying and i will push hard for this cable . anything that makes life easier is a good thing imo . theres lots of other things to fix on this machine while we wait ,ujoints ,map sensor and hey lets face it who actually wants a car that looks great but leaks exhaust ? even if you say it doesnt affect the engines performance

An exhaust leak will affect performance if it is before or near the 02 sensor. Anywhere past the downpipe isn't going to matter much but it is something that will need addressed after it's running. In the meantime check as much as you can while you wait on a scan tool. Checking the things I listed before and getting the cam sensor will help tremendously so you aren't running in circles once you get a scan tool hooked up. I know the vac lines suck but any old car can benefit from new hoses. I think you will need 5/32 and 7/32 but I could be wrong. when you do the hoses zip tie any that will see boost psi. Helps keep them on a little. Clean the pcv valve too with some brake cleaner and reinstall.

all vac lines are new ,ive checked the pcv and its operating well , good advice with the zip ties though ,i could see a hose popping under heavy acceleration, resetting the ecm after turning the cam sensor good thought too . Im willing to work for free on this thing as long as it takes as these folks have been very good to me over the years .I can only try and talk the owner into that winaldl cable ,as i have no money to even survive right now let alone buy things to fix someonelses car . I do appreciate the help and that sounds like the cheapest solution . thanks Charlie !!

ok just double check all the hoses are hooked up right. Check ecm fuses and fuel pressure if you have a guage. Just as well get the basics wiped out. adjust the tps .42 with key on for now. After this try to get that cam sensor set back to where it originally was.

thanks Charlie !!
I'm Charlie, the other guy is Jesse.;) I wasn't being nasty or mean but we've got a unique bunch of guys on the board. Most of them will bend over backwards to help another member if they can.:cool: Go to your user controls and add a location. If one of the guys are near you they might be willing to come help you out, for free.:D Don't be such a hard charger and take a look at the guys on the board.

Each of us have different talents and 99% of the time someone else has had a simular experience and can point you in the right direction.:D I've been in the automotive industry for 30 years now and have an ASE master and tons of time in chasis and engine work which will give you an idea of what I mean. Jesse did a full frame off on his car and it was a rust bucket from hell. He's learned from experience and sometimes it hasn't been easy.

Parts in buckets -I admire a guy thats up to a challenge ,thats why im here .from reading different posts i see the timing mark should be at 25 degrees ,and since the timing guage is installed the opposite of where it needs to be (the guys using a caliper )to measure clockwise from tdc. This makes no sense to me but it also says that in the dealers manual.They sure were kind to everyone when they built these cars .

WOW . . . . Charlie and Jesse . . . You guys are my heroes! :D
Thanks for the good laughs today . . . . Can’t say enough about you guys.

I forgot all about this lol! THis thread has been dicked with, I can tell. I don't know what ever happened or what the end result was. He either got it or gave up.