You can type here any text you want

Egr Q?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Junior Samples

Walk Away
I see a few EGR deletes in here and was wondering a few things

I know theres none at idle and wot but
by deleting is it streetable? isnt too little or none at all going to raise combustion temps? resulting in the evil detonation.

Also by unplugging solenoid will that send ohoh to my ecm and if so how do I bypass/splice/ground/rip or destroy

IM in MI with no Emission testing so I would love to remove all ugliness but if the Delete is only for the track I guess I leave it alone

thanx

Mike

Most of the aftermarket chips do not have the EGR diagnostic enabled in them so you can disconnect it. If you are running a stock chip it will code. Disabling the EGR has no ill effect as long as the chip is written for it.

You will get a check engine light if you dont have a chip for it. I have an extender chip, which doesnt use EGR at all. I have no detonation problems from it. I had my EGR deleted for awhile, with my own block off plate that I machined. I made my own turbo6 symbol with some cool design features...a member of this board stole it from me the one time he went to my house...right out of the back seat of my car. I can make a million of them..just ticks me off that I showed him my handiwork and then jacked it when I went in my house to grab my wallet. Anyway, it idled much nicer and seemed smoother all around. But its important that it be done right. The good thing is that it eliminates exhaust contamination of the fresh mixture. The exhaust backpressure can push the EGR valve open under boost, and contaminates the mixture. How free-flowing the exhaust is determines how bad the problem is. The vacuum tube that comes around to the drivers side of the throttle body and runs to the EGR...when you do the delete, you need to run a hose from there, straight back to the 3 way check valve behind the ignition module. If you play around with it a little, you'll figure out how it needs to be plumbed up. The source of air to that check valve remains the same (that vacuum tube)..its just that the EGR system is gone. And it really cleans things up nicely. I can make a billet CNC machined EGR blockoff plate for you shipped for 23 bucks if you like. It has a turbo6 symbol thats combined with a turbo sketch..cool design. Unfortunately I dont have any right now to take a pic for you, thanks to Mr. Sticky fingers...he thought the design was really cool and probably went to a machine shop to get a quote.:mad:

re

lol mr sticky fingers

prolly same guy who made off with my german micrometer set

my email is mcasteel2112@yahoo

send me address and i'll ship check out.

My paypal goofed up in the middle of a bid that I won for a buick part so all IM doing for moment is snailing checks, when it clears go ahead and mail unless you dont take checks then i could send beer

mike

thanks again

Nice to see some people still prefer american craftsmanship.:cool: Besides, factor in shipping and handling and they'd probably be the same anyway. Is full throttle's plate aluminum? Mine is stainless steel.

thanks sean, i remember reading that post, also remember under the hood...Doh

since getting this car i been on here reading all i can multiple times absorbing as much as i can. wife not thrilled but its all in the name of research

yeah vader send over address. it all started with that damn filter in back of egr solenoid and since I cant find any Buick parts here in Flint Mi...dunno guess Buicks were never real popular here...but anyway your part is for me

thanks again

yeah vader send over address. it all started with that damn filter in back of egr solenoid and since I cant find any Buick parts here in Flint Mi...dunno guess Buicks were never real popular here...but anyway your part is for me

thanks again
Your email addy is no good.

re

Vader

whats up with my email? are you getting a mailer demon?
MCASTEEL2112 @ yahoo

very strange, well i guess send me over message via this board with your address

thanks

Back