You can type here any text you want

Egr shut off

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
I got a chip that was calibrated for my #50 injectors as a package with the egr shut off but my car idles weird with this chip could it be because the egr was shut off that's the only thing I haven't done to accommodate the chip, the car runs smoother with the stock chip any help is much appreciated

If you have 50lb injectors in the car, and it runs good with a stock chip, then there is something way off. It should be really rich and barely running with the stock chip. It's possible the MAF sensor is bad.
Also, you might consider changing to an 86/87 ECM and newer chip, for those 50lb injectors. (I stopped making chips for anything bigger than 42lb on the hotair cars with the 84/85 ECM about 8 years ago.)
The EGR should not affect the idle (unless its stuck open).
Eric

If you have 50lb injectors in the car, and it runs good with a stock chip, then there is something way off. It should be really rich and barely running with the stock chip. It's possible the MAF sensor is bad.
Also, you might consider changing to an 86/87 ECM and newer chip, for those 50lb injectors. (I stopped making chips for anything bigger than 42lb on the hotair cars with the 84/85 ECM about 8 years ago.)
The EGR should not affect the idle (unless its stuck open).
Eric
I have the ecm sitting in my garage but I need a chip for it what do you recommend? I've read that I can use the cal pack from my 84/85 ecm is this true? Also I have a TT chip should I send this one in and have it recalibrated or just order a new one all together? This is my next move so I can use a scanmaster all input I really appreciate, thanks in advance

Hey Eric maybe a week ago I sent you my chip info but today I finally got my injector part # 1710598 I'm just about ready to order a new chip can you help me with my injector size with this part # ? Thanks again for your time

Back