EGR valve discontinued?

One other question, do these normally go bad ? Is advisable to have one as a spare if you can find one ? Are they available as an aftermarket at an auto parts store ?
Thanks

transampacecar said:
One other question, do these normally go bad ? Is advisable to have one as a spare if you can find one ? Are they available as an aftermarket at an auto parts store ?
Thanks

Looks like you can still buy an ACDelco egr valve from O'Reilly's auto parts. Looks like it's a special order.

ACDELCO - EGR Valve Part No: 14047619

TTA#1001 said:
Looks like you can still buy an ACDelco egr valve from O'Reilly's auto parts. Looks like it's a special order.

ACDELCO - EGR Valve Part No: 14047619

What is the contact information for these guy's?

Thanks,
Dave

Lots of sites still list them so you would have to call and see if they actually have them .... GM / Delco have discontinued them.

Seems like with Delphi going bust a lot of the AC Delco stuff will be discontinued roumers have it they stopped making the spark plugs, batteries are made by anohter manufacturer and many other Delco products will be discontinued very quickly as they are closing down many of the plants due to chapter 11 :(

I am using Eric Marshalls chip that disables the EGR function. Being a novice here, am I correct that the EGR being disabled, I would have problems with passing emissions ?

Second question, even though it is disabled. Is it a good idea to buy an extra EGR valve since they are discontinued ?

Third, do they go bad often ?

is it really? i bought one a few months ago.. i can see if i can still get on here in town if u like

I ordered one from Johnsperformance.com he still got them along with some of the other sensors, relays etc that been discontinued ... so give him a call if you need some.

Hi,
I think if you poke around a bit, you can still find an EGR valve for one of our cars.As to whether you need one, that's a different issue. My high miles car's valve is still working fine. What's the issue, high NOX? Anyway, if push gets to shove, you could call my AC/Delco supplier in Houston,XCEL Parts.(713)996-9200. I bought a couple of boost control solenoids from them, after everyone said they were unavailable, so I guess they have,or had, some backstock.Regarding the valve, AC/ Delco ONLY,don't even think about an aftermarket. They have these stupid shims that you have to install to calibrate them, and from my experience, the cars flunk the test anyway.I put on the correct part, and voila, NOX is down to under 100 PPM,CAT willing. Good luck with things!