You can type here any text you want

EGT Readings

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad_Trbo

Now the fun begins. Seems I have something to figure out.

#2 and #6 are reading a little strange. On average around 190 degrees cooler than the other 4 cylinders. My first plan of attack is to change the plugs out, they looked fouled.

But I wanted to check with the forum as I begin to reel the tune in on this monster. I don't think I have a plug wire issue, they are brand new MSD plug wires.

Any other suggestions for me to look at?

Good luck tuning with EGT's and the stock wastespark setup. It can be done, but isn't easy.

#2 & #6

Good luck tuning with EGT's and the stock wastespark setup. It can be done, but isn't easy.

Changed the plugs, still seeing the same issue.

If it was the coil would I see an issue on the opposite side of the coil?

All new information, I don't know if this is comparable to what I had before. I'd appreciate whatever feedback is out there.

Any Help

Any help appreciated. I changed plugs, plug wires

Do I need to change the coil next, I hate chasing without know knowledge.

My thoughts are if I was having a coil problem the opposite cylinder would see an issue too.

Trying to think of it from a fueling perspective too.

could be an overly rich conditioin but that would be strange just to those cylinders don't you guys think!

Just a thought here, but were the inj a matched flowed set. Maybe those 2 injectors flow slightly more. I would try switching those injectors too a different cylinder and then read them. This would narrow it down to either ignition or fuel.
JUST A THOUGHT!

Great Idea and good minds think alike

I did the switch and no difference. I am beginning to think it is actually the EGT probe.

I have attached a log file and would like to here the thoughts. If you look at #6 particularly you will see it is sporadic all over the place.

Appreciate any assistance and yes I have a 4 lb spring in the wastegate explaining the low boost level. I will work my way up as I get comfortable with what I am seeing at each level.

Attachments

Back