You can type here any text you want

EGT ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I don't think any 1 cylinder would be better than another for EGT's. I mounted mine just before the turbo.

Egtprob.jpg

Makes sense i just really should have worded my question better or made my statement a bit clearer.. I want to run non intercooled, im using e85 so would like to see the difference in temp in plenum and then temp post CC in a certain cylinder. I was thinking in one 'middle' cylinder i say that in general to flow bench #'s. All cylinder's run different flow number's based on the intake air flow from what i have understood in bench testing scenarios, #'s that were posted on this forum. So based on some running leaner/richer I would like to an EGT on a 'middle' cylinder. Or maybe, thats why it would be better to get a overall # like where you have it on flange and then base my temps from there. . Thanks Dave!'

i kinda answered my own question

what dictates that it be located before or after the turbo?

Pre turbo numbers are much more reliable than post turbo. Post turbo numbers will vary widely based on the amount of energy being extracted by the turbo. Even WOT post turbo temps can be unreliable based on too many variables.

Since #1 usually melts why not try there? I don't really understand why no intercooler but hey, it's you car.

I was surprised too when bison subtly recommended that I run without my intercooler once I converted to E85. I haven't been brave enough to try it yet, but the car's been down for about 6 weeks anyway. I don't think I'll ever get the cahones to try it first, even though the recommendation came from bison!!

Did you know RJC sells a dual input meter? you could place a probe in #1 and #6 to cover the front and rear cylinders.

with the rate of flash that alcohol has, it would would benifit the engine to have the air warm straight from the turbo so that the flashing of the alcohol can occur. with that it can actually absorb the latent heat from the surrounding surfaces and the air itself..... If it was intercooled... the charge might overcool not allowing the alcohol to flash, which causes puddling and distribution problems and actually causes the charge to stay warmer then if the alky had evaporated.

this is why the Hot Air and Carb Turbo guys are makin a come back at ya.

times are changin

Back