el camino?

deputydawg

Isn't there someone that has done an el camino? Since it is a G-body, wouldn't everything be pretty much a direct bolt up?

In order to match the GN hood and front end to the El Camino body, a hybrid set of fenders was created for proper alignment with the foreign components and the original body lines. Since the frame rails were quite a bit shorter, new bumper struts and supports had to be created in addition to repositioning and re-welding the hood. With the customized GN grill and header panel also thrown into the fray, the stripped body was towed over to Doc's Custom and Collision in Lehigh Acres, Florida, for three coats of DuPont ChromaSystem black and five coats of clear.

although... just the hood would be kick @ss. Still would require mods. But im sure you could chop up a elcamino hood and a gn hood and do some welding

father and son project...

My dad wants an El Camino, but loves the performance of my GN. Looks like we have a father and son project on our hands...anyone got a mid 80's El camino without a front clip for sale cheap and a Turbo regal with a rusted out body and good running gear for cheap?

hello

i'm not turboelky for nothing :D Archie at gn1performance also has one, mine is nicer, but his is faster! his could probably run an 8 sec 1/8th mile backwards :D want pics?

oh yeah

TURBOELKY said:
i'm not turboelky for nothing :D Archie at gn1performance also has one, mine is nicer, but his is faster! his could probably run an 8 sec 1/8th mile backwards :D want pics?
and if you like that elky in the gmhighperformance, you must be nuts. The "hybrid" fenders are as long as the bed, makes it look like your sitting in the middle of the car :confused: but the engine compartment is nice.

i like it....

I like the GN front end, It looks cool, I didn't reallize the fenders were hybrid, the site doesn't show a side view, so I have no idea how long the fenders look.

pics would be nice.

dawg

shoot me your email, pics are too big to post here, unless somebody can resize them and post for me.

A friend of mine has a Gn powered el camino for sale.
His screen name on here is chris2316. send him a PM about it.

Hope this helps.
Dennis Butt

88 mustang gt 9.10 at 153mph (Buick powered)
Winner of Q8 at midwest challange 2003
Runner up Q8 at midwest challange 2002

el camino for sale

I have a 1985 daily driver el camino. Rust free. Perfect start for the swap. $2,800.00

pics

I sent those pics, if you can post them for me would be sweet. thanks man. hope you like it, just keep the pics of when the dash was just in, has wires hanging everywhere :eek:

tenative sale

I just recieved a deposit on it this morning from a person in Fla. If something falls out I will let you know. Thanks

Dont worry, I hid all the burnt wires and sanded the 4 gallons of bondo very well The pictures are fixed to make it look great:tongue:

pics of elky

I shrunk the pics of your elky....looks great....got any pics of the whole build up?

Attachments

• web el.JPG
    web el.JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 444
  • webel.JPG
    webel.JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 423
  • webel2.JPG
    webel2.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 432
  • webel3.JPG
    webel3.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 428
  • webel4.JPG
    webel4.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 400
thanks

thanks for posting the pics. ttype83 helped me on the 81 pics, thank you for helping me with the elky pics. I do have more pics of when the car was a little bit sloppier, i'll get you some later. thanks again buddy. :)

Looks good on the Pics

But like it even better in person, One day too I wil be able to join you.

thanks ego.

but your opinion is sort of bias, since you love elkys :D
when your ready to build one, let me know. But i'd love to have that choo choo custom you have :)

TURBOELKY said:
I sent those pics, if you can post them for me would be sweet. thanks man. hope you like it, just keep the pics of when the dash was just in, has wires hanging everywhere :eek:

Hey Jeremy, this might help you to resize your pictures to post them.http://www.picresize.com/ I think you have to make most of them 50% to 75% smaller

And when the hell are you going to run that beast at the track :)

I should of kept that motor I just sold for a Chevy Luv truck :eek: :eek:
I would have made you jealous with the badest thing on the road :wink: (LOL)

Did you get your hands dirty putting this together J/K :D