Elder Abuse

87GNSteve

Just another pretty face....
Was Test and Tune at the local track this weekend, I have some changes to my combo and wanted to tune the GN in and work on my 60 foot.
Its an 1/8th mile track which isnt my favorite since these cars really like he 1/4.
I was walking around the pit area and lots of fast cars since it was outlaw showdown but they still had a healthy dose of street vehicles which is what I consider mine since it has drag radials, heat/AC and full luxurious interior. :wink: (Fast in class)
I see an nice new Chrysler 300M 6.1 HEMI metallic black being polished by an older gentleman, I go to look under the hood since I never seen one up close under there, nice clean design I must say.

Later in the day I see this guy line up with a GT Mustang, and blow his doors off.
I mean this guy really went the whole 9 yards heating his tires and staging like a pro; so he knows what he's doing.
So he pretty much is undefeated over 3 runs.
Just so turns out I'm having difficulty, 60 foots suck track is prepped like a bowling alley:rolleyes: Im having to 3/4 throttle and my main concern is watching EGT, scanmaster and WB all while steering.
I get up to the lanes and wait while the motorcyles get their turn.
Then the lanes with the slicks start to go. Meanwhile the 300M is parked to the side and I see he has me in his crosshairs:eek:
So as the lanes start to move he motions to me that he wants a challenge no words are spoken just nods and hand gestures.
We get to the lanes he does his tire heat, I do mine. The stage lights are lit; 3-2-1 GO!
I hook my best that day since I let some more air out of the tire and the track heat but still a 2.0 60 :eek: and all I see is him in my rear view mirror and all the spectators with grins on their faces-- seems like our little race had alot of people at the fences.

I suspect he knew of the all about the GN but thought since I was having traction issues it be a easy kill because I'd put too much throttle into it, so he gambled and lost.
I feel bad I was so cruel to the gentleman, making him look so slow.
I hope he gets a good price from the dealer for new doors since his got blown off.

7.9 @93 MPH 2.0 60 ft (The day before I did 7.9 @92)
Due to a new cam, turbo and IC and some E85 experimentation its not tuned to perfection by a long shot, my sole purpose of even being there, turned into some warfare.;)
I do have a new extender extreme chip in the mail soon to arrive.....then its on!

nice run steve...........

ps. I did the Texas A&M Fire School last week not all its cracked up to be!:(

Who polishes thier car at the drag strip in between runs :confused: Only for it to get more tire shrapnel and more waterspots on it anyway?

It was a 300C, not an M. The M's were those fugly fwd things, lol.

Good kill. :D

Tell him to pick up all the mustang doors off the track and trade those in for new MOPAR doors.

Then do it again when you see him next.

When you get it to hook up you should get some nice #'s from it. I ran a 7.65@91 with a 1.81 60' time.

Nice kill. What did the 300 run? I'm curious how fast they are. I hear alot of talk about them.

My best 1/8 mile is 7.7@ 90MPH with a 1.7 60'. It looks like you have alot of potential.

Nice kill. What did the 300 run? I'm curious how fast they are. I hear alot of talk about them.

My best 1/8 mile is 7.7@ 90MPH with a 1.7 60'. It looks like you have alot of potential.

That lame @$$ track had the worst time slips I have ever seen.
It would only give you your times and it wasnt even labeled R/t, 60ft, ET etc. Just a list of #'s. AND the display board a the end of the track didnt show times either.
If I had to guess he was almost 2 sec behind me....

Nice kill, putting cars on people at an 1/8th track is nice.

But GN's are more suited towards 1/8th mile tracks due to our better 60ft times and lack of top end RPM and HP like the imports etc. Take on a Supra from a roll and see what I mean. :eek:

What tires are you running?

Nitto DRs 255/50-16

It really depends on how a car is set up-- my car is set up for 1/4 mile since I dont have a trans brake or line lock and should have a little more stall for my turbo. I dont cut these monster launches and I "make up" from the 660' on. Best 60' was 1.8 in Nov 07 with the same tires but track prep was real good.

Where are ya'll racing at???

Ive gone a 7.58@89.xx in the 1/8th before, and that was only a 11.98 pass. I normally cut 1.6x 60's so that is where the problem is. Then again people say Cecil runs downhill, but Im not so sure.

Nice kill on the Mopar though. Get that thing tuned soon...