Elecrical charging Problems

TWISTER

I got the car out a couple weeks ago and drove it for two days then put it up for a couple weeks and got it out and ran it for an hour and the next time I go out to drive the volts drop off to 8.5. I get it back home and recharge the bat and start it and let it run and the volts start at 12 and slowly drop to 8. So I take off the alt and have it checked by 2 different shops and its OK. Then change out the battery. Before this the scanmaster would read 14 volts now the best I get is 12 and it drops to 10.5 when I drive it for a few minutes. This happened to me 3 years ago and after pulling the alternator 2 or 3 times to have it checked the problem went away and now its back. Im thinkin bad ground or something any one have any clues? Let hear em. thanks Marty

Somebody must have an idea on this. Today I ran a new recharge line and no changes and redid and added grounds and it will still lose its charge if I take off and drive. At idle it stays at 11.3 or so volts. Anybody please give me an idea. Thanks

Does your volt lite come on when the key is turned on? If not, your system won't charge. Shift your speedo case around until it comes on, with key on, and tighten it.

I just got done reading some of your replys on this subject in searching the archives thanks for your help and Ill be back to let you know what happened.

?

Just went through this. Charge battery--pull plug off alt--turn key on---you must have 12 volts (Or what ever the battery reads) at the small wire that plugs into alt. This wire comes from the volt lite in the dash. My dash was not tight --so the printed circuit was not making good contact with the plug. Tightened the 4 screws holding dash --problem solved.

Thanks for all the help guys it was the brown wire pinched behind the alternator a little tug when I tested it and the dash light came on and all is well. Man I feel sooo stupid. Thanks again