You can type here any text you want

Electric cut-out?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tommynos

worldwide flooring sales
i was just wondering if anyone else that owns one has issues as i do...since the first time i installed the cut-out,which by the way is a nice piece and a great item to have,anyway it works most of the time,but some times it dont work at all,this has happened since the first day i installed it,its working 80% of the time on a guestimate....

one minute it works then a few minutes later,nothing?i spray it with w-d and keep the carbon build up off as much as i can,but like i said it did it the first day i installed it,is this common?..is it tweeked some how?...i guessed heat,but it does it cold to?

looking for feedback from you people that own it, not nut swingers:biggrin:

I have one from Jegs that hasnt been installed yet, I hope I don't have this problem. Is it too late for you to exchange it? I would try a new one and see. Maybe check the wiring harness also.

I have one from Jegs that hasnt been installed yet, I hope I don't have this problem. Is it too late for you to exchange it? I would try a new one and see. Maybe check the wiring harness also.
mine was from a vendor on the board so it may be different not sure,but its been about a year,ive probably put 1k miles on the car,but from day one i thought it might be one of the switches from the panel i also got from him so i wasnt worried,but i recently put a new switch in and it does the same thing..its not a big deal as it works most of the time,and only once when i actually really needed it and not just playing.....

Ok, i know where you got it from. Im pretty sure that its the same cutout I have as far as the picture on their page goes. I guess if the wiring is solid, the only other thing is the motor. Thats all i got. HTH

Why not just contact the vendor first?? I am assuming it was one of mine? We have a four year warranty on these as long as they were not dragged over a speed bump. Contact me and we will get it straightened out.

Why not just contact the vendor first?? I am assuming it was one of mine? We have a four year warranty on these as long as they were not dragged over a speed bump. Contact me and we will get it straightened out.
im just wondering if this is common?being alluminum i just was checking to see if this was common for them to do that?...like i said it works most of the time...i thought it was the switch for some time,then i talked to a friend and he told me that they are hit or miss for working,thats when i changed the switch and still had the issue...thats why i was asking for feedback on them,not just return and have the same issue....

The one on Jegs which I believe is made by a company called Race Ready actually bought one of the ones we sell and copied it. They are also $10 more than ours.

The cutout should work EVERY time. I have had the same one on my GN for over 3 years now without any problems at all. Sounds like you have a bad ground or bad motor to me.

If it won't open after the exhaust gets hot but did open/closed fine when you first cranked the engine, then I know what is wrong.
Mine did the same thing.
You have over tighten the 3 mounting bolts/nuts, which causes the butterfly to bind up.
Loosen up all three nuts. Then, just like lug nuts, tighten each one in equal increaments, but DON'T bow up and overtighten them. About 15-20 ft (not much) on them.
Crank up car, make sure it will open/close and wait for the exhaust to get hot. After about 5 minutes or so, try again to see if it functions correctly.
If so, then you are good to go. If not then contact the mfg.

After 100-200 miles check the nuts torque.
Gary

No problems here,3" or 3 1/2"

maybe its your dump pipe being oblong alittle?
FRED

i would by mine from a buick vendor, summit could'nt care about us like our vendors do :) , even if the item would cost $10 or $20 bucks more, which is not the case here, as far as your problem i think that's normal considering the heat and normal everyday use. as long as it open's up when your ready to light them up :biggrin:

i would by mine from a buick vendor, summit could'nt care about us like our vendors do :) , even if the item would cost $10 or $20 bucks more, which is not the case here, as far as your problem i think that's normal considering the heat and normal everyday use. as long as it open's up when your ready to light them up :biggrin:
i agree about buying from a vendor,if i need something i check with them first,but i have more than just a gn....anyway i think it may have been a ground,it looked like a not so good one so i changed it,im pretty sure thats what it was,ill see with time as i dont drive it too much..i also re-loosened it and tightened like lugs,evenly...

well it is still doing it,looks like i must of just got a bunk one as no-one on here claims to have had any issues with them?..ive looked over everything and all is good must be the motor,now ive got to find out the steps on returning this thing......

i also bought mine from buickgn.com. i did have a problem with mine but it never worked from day one. there was a problem with the gears. i sent it back he fixed it sent back to me and its been working great ever since. must be atleast 5 years since i bought mine.

Bought mine from Buickgn.com. Works great! :cool:
same place i got mine,just dont work right thats all....does anyone know how to return it,i emailed him yesterday and was wondering if they are on back order or if its a quick return,he has no phone # right?..its just email and wait?

Just installed a 3" Race Ready Electric Cutout myself. No issues !!! Everything went great !!! :cool:

Back