Electric cutout (Better than that "IT" invention!)

ROGER, takes about 10 seconds to go from fully closed to open. Might be able to use a different motor to speed that up.

I was thinking about how our Buicks guys always come up with new ideas or improve old ideas. Lately the AD Power Plate and now the powered cutout. Keep up the work!

When you are either opening or closing plate do you have to turn off power once plate had reached its maximum travel?? Will motor keep loading against plate stop and heat up or does it have auto shutoff??

Would be interested if it will last.

Deep Enough

Donald McMullin

The switch used is OFF in the center position. Then there are two momentary positions, one for opening the plate and one for closing. The indicator light lets you know when you are getting close to fully open or fully closed. I am getting so used to it now that I can tell just by the sound on where the plate is. Once the position you desire is reached there is no power being applied to the motor.

Have you test run it down the track yet? What do you think that it will pick up on your car with your combo?

I would be interested at that price if you could garuntee that it wouldnt die a couple weeks later
Drive my car hard and often
keep us informed on the progress

zak

When i ran a cutout a while ago my car went 1 mph slower , but hell that thing is a pisser of a product that if available id put a cut out on my car again . Could wire it to a boost switch maybe which could be fun for street races . I ran an external racegate on the crossover for a while and it scared more than one guy i was paired against . One GN guy i raced told me when he heard that he thought he blew his motor . Just the kinda thing needed to make the other lift. Nice job from the pictures.

Looks like a pretty slick unit Mark.

You might want to put a turndown on the end of it though to keep the floorboards from getting too hot though. I made a 3" turndown for my THDP by welding a header collector flange to a turndown I stole off of somthing I own.

Hey Mark, just wanted to say that I love your "cold-air-induction", it just dresses my engine compartment up, perfectly...

Also, I think the idea is great, but it there any application for us "hot-airs"...the whole cat-converter thing is different, and is also 2.5 inches...If this cut-out is adaptable, or if you can fabricate one for the "hot-airs"...I'M IN!!! Lemme know. ;)

John

Bob, What ever happen to this new BLAST of FLASH.
Originally posted by Bobtempest
Come on guys, let Mark Know this is a really great update on an idea that people have loved since the 50's. Let it RUMBLE !!!!!!!!!!
I bet its a bargain compared to "IT" This product could reach far beyond our Buicks and used on lots of other cars. Big Bucks!

INTEREST

sounds nice to me! i'm too lazy to unblot cutouts. i was thinking of using that manual one from JC Whitney but that's not as cool as an ELECTRIC one! awesome idea!
let me know how it works out. any type of cutout should gain you a few tenths depending on the setup.
later....

John C.
General Manager
Platinum Motorsports
"Any tires/rims @ lowest prices guaranteed!"
- for Turbobuick members only.

Looks like we are finally getting somewhere with this thing. Just trying to get a good grasp on how many people are serious about it. Please email me privately so I can put your name on a list. Please, no GP requests. Just trying to get this thing launched.

Had my GN out about 3 weeks ago and came upon a cop with my exhaust wide open. Hit the switch and closed it up quick and drove by him nice and quiet. Had a grin on my face a mile wide!

Looks like we will be offering the 3" version first and if there is enough interest a 3.5" one. Ran into a bit of a snag when I converted my GN over to a THDP from the Kirban one I had, he sure is skimpy on the length of the bolts he uses and they are welded on! So we are going to make the recesses a bit deeper to compensate.

Price will be in the $120 range. Everytime I have used it I got about $10 worth of fun!

Thanks all!

My email address is: mhueffman@snet.net

Mark, cool idea!!!! This is one I might need to keep up with the sound my 69 Gto puts out.

Have you had any boost creep problem with it wide open?

Keep up the great ideas, I will soon pony up the dough for that great looking cold air induction kit.

Still trying to work out the details with the guy who is making these up for me. Had him do a few design changes on it. Believe me, I will let everyone know when they are ready!

Many older cars used something very similar to this. The old EFE valve on the exhaust manifold that blocked the exhaust and forced it thru the head/intake passages.

These can take the heat and are reliable. They work off vacuum, so usually they could be sucked closed at idle, but open fairly quickly under boost.

cut-outs

I have been looking hard for this kinda of thing. I did find some on

http://mooneyes.com/01NEW.html

too much for what they are though.

They have a plate slide in and out I think. Yours look alot smaller and the price is more in my range.:)

Totally discouraged at this point with this project. I have sent the 2nd one back to the inventor and haven't heard diddly from him since mid May. I won't sell something that I know my customers would not be happy with so it looks like a no-go! It would not seal when closed so when you want the car quiet it sounds like your exhaust system has a rot hole in it! Right now I am looking to buy one from a different source just so I can have one on my GN and that is as far as I am going with this. Every man for himself! Looked at the Mooneyes one and almost $500 for an exhaust cutout is beyond my budget.:eek: