Electric cutout (Better than that "IT" invention!)

thats a shame mark, it looked to be quite a neat "trick" item....regardless thanx for all the work you put into it, its guys like you that keep making the TR a better car than it was yesterday.

Dan

Well, here are links to the 3 manufacturers I know of that make electric cutouts. I was testing the McCord plate and you can buy it directly from him if you want. I was just looking for an item to add to my site. I didn't invent or manufacture the plates but wanted to see how they would work on our Turbo Regals.

http://www.mccordcg.com/mpp/mpp.htm
http://dmhperfproducts.homestead.com/borlaplate.html
http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/

I have ordered the one from DMH now and hope that one seals up good when closed. I want it loud when it is open but don't want leaks when it is closed. I also like the way that the DMH one has slots so you can rotate the position of it if you have clearance problems. I will report on how it works out once I have it installed.

We just put one of the quicktime performance electric cutouts on a buddy's TR. It is very trick. Offers the ability to open or close it as much as you like. It does however occasionally not seal. completely.

The car has been in the paint shop for a month and we'll likelly contact 'qtp' about it when it gets out.

HTH..

warr Warranty

I think a three year warranty is pretty good.. I like people who stand behind their stuff. I would also like to hear how it seals up.. There was a manual cable one.. It was called a blaster cut cut out or some thing like that .. it was made all out of brass and had a tight seal. Plus it had ss pull cable that was extra. The price in 95 was $75 and the cable was $30 . I have looked for a web page but have not found it at all. IF any of you guys find any links for cut outs post them, I am sure I am not the only one that wants a cable one or e-cut out.
Thanks for the info!:D

Chris Lindsay
87 760 Buick GN volvo hybrid wagon coming in fall of this year:D

I was just on the DMH website and I see a friends 89 TTA that have pictured with the cutout on it. Hes on this board.. WES!! How does it work??

Well, to be politically correct Frank, I wouldn't call it a piece of crap:rolleyes: but I just could not get it to seal correctly. I am going to try the DMH unit and see how that works out. I have been in contact with the QTP people also but the DMH one has high temp seals in it to supposedly seal better. Guess I will be the guinea pig on this. I am not going to bother trying to work a deal selling these from my website as I don't think the warranty hassles would be worth it but will make a recommendation if I like what I see with the DMH unit.

here's my question, if these products are not sealing sometimes, will it seal when the car is off......that being the case, its still not a bad product, just has a hard time forcing its way closed.....

similar to our bleed air system on the plane, sometimes the valve wont close in flight, so we either "blow it closed" with bleed air from another engine, or we shutdown that engine to see if we can get it closed...then restart the engine

ok enuff rambling bout p-3 systems......

dan