Electric exhaust cutout questions..

Turbo6Smackdown

Anyone here do any research on the electric cutouts as of late? I'm looking for a remote controlled (wireless) electric cutout. I seen one on ebay, but it's like a hundred bucks shipped, so I'm assuming it's chinese crap.

Anyone have a line on some good quality stuff?
If not, my main goal, is to find a 3" electric cutout, that has the big flange, to bolt up to a 2.5" pypes stainless exhaust system. I'm looking for something that

Be careful with the electic cutouts, it has the potential to change your tune and lean you out under boost. Ask me how I know :eek:

Lean under boost can cause bearing failures, again ask me how I know :eek:

That is true.. Then what about the 2nd gen translator with wb o2? will that auto correct ? I have a dump in my car now, and so far, no knock :) When I need that dump open, it's because I'm racing. And if I'm racing, I use 96 octane. When you leaned out, did you have race fuel ?

QTP cut out here...happy so far....Tune your car with the cutout open that way you wont have any lean spots or unaccounted for overboost...people who get in trouble are the ones who keep their everyday tune the same and just add the cutout and open it...thats not ok.

Yea, that's what I do... tune it when it's open.
And, both of you, tell me how your cut out fits. Is it slip? Flanged? Is it 2.5 or 3" in dia.

That is true.. Then what about the 2nd gen translator with wb o2? will that auto correct ? I have a dump in my car now, and so far, no knock :) When I need that dump open, it's because I'm racing. And if I'm racing, I use 96 octane. When you leaned out, did you have race fuel ?

No I was smart about it :rolleyes:

Had 93 octane in the tank and took it down the track with the cutout open, probably should have listened to Randy (I sure am getting tired of saying that :p )

I just wanted to bring it up so it wasn't overlooked. That can ruin a good time.

Lookin for a normal cutout though. 4 bolt flange on one side, and slip fit on the other. Anyone? I want it to be a package, so I don't have to worry about fitment/sealing issues, when bolting an electric cutout, onto a dump pipe that it wasn't made for..