Electrical Fire in Engine Bay - Need Advise Please!

Thanks to everyone for all your feedback. Great info. The claims adjuster came by today and told me that the car is totalled. Turns out he's a fellow parishoner at my church and was quite helpful. He did indicate that I would probably be able to buy the car back for minimal cost, but I guess we'll see how it goes.

I'll post some pics up this weekend. I still can't get the hood open, but you'll get the idea.

It will have a salvage title if you buy it back. You can drop the claim and just fix it yourself if you're worried about that, but you'd be paying out-of-pocket.

Jim

It will have a salvage title if you buy it back. You can drop the claim and just fix it yourself if you're worried about that, but you'd be paying out-of-pocket.

Jim

Not nessisarily. My zuk was totaled in 95 due to hail damage and the title was a regular one. Sold it shortly after this and I still had a regular title.

Just because your car is totaled and you buy it back, the title never leaves your hand most of the time. It's just you get less money for the claim.