You can type here any text you want

Electrical Gremlins

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

Actually I have had this problem for awhile just that it has been over shadowed by all my other woes of over coming a pampered T.

The turn signals are not working properly. You turn them on and inititially they don't blink. After applying the brakes they start blinking but at an accelerated rate.

I know chasing electrical gremlins are a B@#ch but what I am hoping is that someone has had this problem and clue me in. All bulbs are good and correct.

Different item:

Where is a good place to tie into the vacuum system to install BOOST gauge?

Thanks for the desert.

I would start by changing the "flashers" at the fuse panel.

Tee the boost gauge into the pressure line connected to the boost light switch. Either at the switch or near the firewall.

Lets us know how much boost you see. :)

Replaced the flasher unit and still have the "fast flasher" problem. Sometimes they don't want to work and then they start working but flash very quickly.

It is also very possible you have a bad ground (I lean toward that first).
Then replace the bulbs. I had this happen once one an old Mustang one new bulbs was wire wrong internally. I have been doing electronics for over 25 years. And this one of the weirdest problems I ran across. Next to a shorted resistor I found when I worked at Picker international once. (Resistors normally open, they don't short).

JMO.

Back