You can type here any text you want

Eliminating the EGR

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bob86gn

I posted this in general tech. I am running a T+ and extender now but will be running a MaxE for track time.

Is there anyway to completely eliminate the EGR and the EGR controller. My understanding is that if it is not installed you will set a code. My heads do not have an EGR riser and I am emissions exempt with Classic tags.

How can I just get rid of the stuff?

I think I know how to prevent the EGR error. Now, I haven't actually tried this but .......

It appears that if you (or your chip maker) zeros out the EGR table ($32DC), then change $32A1 to xFF, this will keep the Malf32 Timer reset which will prevent the error from setting.

"It looks good on paper!" Try it.

Originally posted by bob86gn
I posted this in general tech. I am running a T+ and extender now but will be running a MaxE for track time.

Is there anyway to completely eliminate the EGR and the EGR controller. My understanding is that if it is not installed you will set a code. My heads do not have an EGR riser and I am emissions exempt with Classic tags.

How can I just get rid of the stuff?

Two points. You're running an extender so the EGR is already dissabled and no codes will be set.

Since you have the T+ and Extender, why not race with it. The whole point of all that capability is to give you enough tuneability to have settins for street and for race without having to run different street and race variety chips.

Mine sure has turned out to be the absolute best street mannered setup I've ever had.
AND when I turn the dials and get it setup in race mode. I've never ran quicker or faster on ANY race chip than I did with the Extender that does it all.
My race preps have never been easier. I turn my boost controller to my race setting. I turn my Translator + to it's "race" settings and run

TurboDave,

I am planning on using both. My problem is race gas. Once the O2 starts to go away I start to loose my state of tune and slow down. I will try both the ME and T+. Can't have enough toys!

Bob

Originally posted by bob86gn
TurboDave,

I am planning on using both. My problem is race gas. Once the O2 starts to go away I start to loose my state of tune and slow down. I will try both the ME and T+. Can't have enough toys!

Bob

I guess I don't understand "once the O2 starts to go away I start to loose my state of tune and slow down".

That's what the MAF WOT switch in your Translator is for. Turn up the WOT fuel. If the car's running too lean, add more fuel with the switch.

Dave,

I have the opposite problem. As the O2 sensor fouls with race gas it reads lean so the car compensates by adding fuel. I wind up rich as a pig within 5 runs, change the O2 and I am back in business. My hope is with the MaxE I can setup the car with race gas, run all day without having the base tune go away. The T+ setup is ok if I will only have a couple runs and plan on changing the O2 anyway.

Bob

Back