You can type here any text you want

Emissions compliant chip for 60# injectors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stickybones

What?
Anyone know of anyone who makes an emissions compliant (EGR, closed loop idle, etc.) chip for the "new" Mototron 60/65lb injectors? I'm gonna need a good legal street chip this spring so I can get my GN to pass state emissions here in NJ.

Currently I'm running an Extender chip with no complaints. However, it doesn't use EGR and I'm afraid I won't pass without it.

Thanks
Mike

If you qualify, Claim a "low mileage" status (less than 5000miles a year) which requires only a 2500 rpm CO and HC test. Provided your EGR valve is still there, the car wont fail for tampering. Well, and a cat..even if hollow, would be required (but I didnt tell you that)

Make sure you tell the inspector you are a low mileage vehicle, They are NOT obligated to ask.

I dont use my car much and opted for "collector" status which is inspection exempt. I think low mileage is your best bet if the car is a driver.

Thanks for the advice Jim, but I'd rather not limit myself on my driving habits. I tend to put more miles on the car per year than that.

So my first choice would still be to get the car to be completely emissions compliant. I have a functioning cat and a functioning EGT...just no chip to run it.

Took my car for inspection yesterday with Eric's (TurboTweak) custom chip he made for me. Passed NJ inspection no problem. For NOx, I blew 84 vs a requirement of 1146; for HC, I blew 28 vs a requirement of 152; and for CO, I blew 0.05 vs a requirement of 0.86. This is with a heated Denso O2 sensor, a Random Tech cat, LT MAF and translator, and 206/206 cam, 160 deg thermostat and open K&N filter (they never opened the hood).

Thanks Eric.

Mike

Joe from precision made me a chip.
Give him a call.

I wanted to add that I got great results with an emissions chip from Eric for my 60's. I've got ported heads, LT1 MAF and Translator, 206/206 cam, Random Tech cat (about 7 years old, but not that many miles on it), 160 thermostat, and a new Denso O2.

Texas does a 15 and 25 mph dyno test, and I got the following:
15 mph / limit / 25 mph / limit
HC 39 / 152 / 21 / 148
CO 0.02 / 0.86 / 0.02 / 0.94
NOx 787 / 1146 / 450 / 1047

Big thanks to Eric!

John

Back