You can type here any text you want

Encounter Meant To Happen

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Raymond Bunch

"Turbo Enthusiast"
Hey Guys/Gals

I made a trip up to Poway, CA to pick up some 8.5 Vectors wheels that a board member was selling. Long story short while coming back and merging on to I-5 north bound I noticed a red Ferrari. Not sure of the model or series just that it was very wide, convertible, no spoiler in the rear, looked to have two small round fog lights in the front nose along with head lights, on the trunk it said something like 35? Or 36? on the rear right trunk lid area. CA license plate (RAP GAME) kind of figured it would be a rappers car or something. The guy was wearing a ball cap that was turned around backwards that had NY embroiled on it, hot looking asian chick, possibly Spanish riding shotgun. I couldn’t resist I had to get a closer look at it, it was an absolutely beautiful car and sounded awesome, kind of sound that would make your hair stick up on back of your neck when he got on it a couple of times. I know the GTO wouldn’t be much of a match, so I didn’t even bother try to pick a race with him, but I did antagonize him a little and he got on it a couple of times. (Only if I had the Buick I thought) Well I followed him until I had to get of my exit and that was it. So I thought!

Later that evening around 8:30PM I was headed back to San Diego to meet up with some friends just off the 805 and Balboa, next thing I know I see a car coming up behind me a good rate of speed, then passes me. I was like no friggen way! At that time I immediately floored it and got up next to him, sure enough it was the same car, same people and license plate number I seen earlier! I was like what are the chances of us meeting on the same highway just a few hours later? Normally I don’t mess around on the highways but honestly I felt this encounter could not be avoided. While next to him and making eye contact he jumps on it, I didn’t respond the first time he did it but when he let of the gas, blue fire exited the exhaust, I was like cool that is one bad ass car! Blood pumping I speed up and got up next to them, paused for a second and then just floored it, just to give him an idea what he’s up against. I stayed in it for a few seconds and then slowed back down to 65-70 mph, seemed like it to them forever to catch up. Once he did he jumped in front of me and got on it, I immediately got on it then got out of it as I almost ran up on him, got on it again and the same thing, got out of it, repeated this once more and just thought to my self I would kill him up 130mph or so…. He slowed down and I ended up getting into the right lane fixing to get off on Balboa, I honked, they both exchanged big smile, I gave a thumbs up and went are separate ways. Man, I haven’t this kind of rush in a while and playing around like this comes once in a blue moon, but I just couldn’t resist.

I was pushing 23pnds of boost with left over 110 Octane from the night before mixed with 91 pump gas, with Methanol injection. Had zero knock, EGT were at 890….running very rich.

Any idea of what kinda of Farrari this could have been?

Ray

bilt2run said:
a slow one........................ :) Just kidding had to be said :biggrin:
has to be this one is the 360 modena nice beautiful car.

Attachments

• Hamann-Ferrari-360-Modena-Coupe-SA-1600x1200.jpg
    Hamann-Ferrari-360-Modena-Coupe-SA-1600x1200.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 2000%20Ferrari%20360%20Modena%20.jpg
    2000%20Ferrari%20360%20Modena%20.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 176
wiked87gn said:
has to be this one is the 360 modena nice beautiful car.

It wasn't this one, it was convertible and the nose looked totally diffrent. I'm going to do a search on the cars and will post what I find. Yeah this 360 Modena is bad a$$ BTW. Thanks.

Raymond Bunch said:
Hey Guys/Gals

I made a trip up to Poway, CA to pick up some 8.5 Vectors wheels that a board member was selling. Long story short while coming back and merging on to I-5 north bound I noticed a red Ferrari. Not sure of the model or series just that it was very wide, convertible, no spoiler in the rear, looked to have two small round fog lights in the front nose along with head lights, on the trunk it said something like 35? Or 36? on the rear right trunk lid area. CA license plate (RAP GAME) kind of figured it would be a rappers car or something. The guy was wearing a ball cap that was turned around backwards that had NY embroiled on it, hot looking asian chick, possibly Spanish riding shotgun. I couldn’t resist I had to get a closer look at it, it was an absolutely beautiful car and sounded awesome, kind of sound that would make your hair stick up on back of your neck when he got on it a couple of times. I know the GTO wouldn’t be much of a match, so I didn’t even bother try to pick a race with him, but I did antagonize him a little and he got on it a couple of times. (Only if I had the Buick I thought) Well I followed him until I had to get of my exit and that was it. So I thought!

Later that evening around 8:30PM I was headed back to San Diego to meet up with some friends just off the 805 and Balboa, next thing I know I see a car coming up behind me a good rate of speed, then passes me. I was like no friggen way! At that time I immediately floored it and got up next to him, sure enough it was the same car, same people and license plate number I seen earlier! I was like what are the chances of us meeting on the same highway just a few hours later? Normally I don’t mess around on the highways but honestly I felt this encounter could not be avoided. While next to him and making eye contact he jumps on it, I didn’t respond the first time he did it but when he let of the gas, blue fire exited the exhaust, I was like cool that is one bad ass car! Blood pumping I speed up and got up next to them, paused for a second and then just floored it, just to give him an idea what he’s up against. I stayed in it for a few seconds and then slowed back down to 65-70 mph, seemed like it to them forever to catch up. Once he did he jumped in front of me and got on it, I immediately got on it then got out of it as I almost ran up on him, got on it again and the same thing, got out of it, repeated this once more and just thought to my self I would kill him up 130mph or so…. He slowed down and I ended up getting into the right lane fixing to get off on Balboa, I honked, they both exchanged big smile, I gave a thumbs up and went are separate ways. Man, I haven’t this kind of rush in a while and playing around like this comes once in a blue moon, but I just couldn’t resist.

I was pushing 23pnds of boost with left over 110 Octane from the night before mixed with 91 pump gas, with Methanol injection. Had zero knock, EGT were at 890….running very rich.

Any idea of what kinda of Farrari this could have been?

Ray

YES THATS what im talking about ray! Your the man! Now maybe you can see how I got in trouble with my GN :biggrin: Once you taste that bowl of pwnage.....Bowling on friday night just doesn't cut it. Sweet kill!

Wheres the video THO!???? Dont worry once mines fixed there will be many videos expensive cars getting their asses handed to them :D

Your below sig;

"MONSTER" Blue/Blue 1986 TType - 30 over 109, TRW Pistons, Billet Main Caps, ArizonaGN Ported Irons, 214-214 Comps Roller, TE45A, 3" single shot, THDP, Pats 3600 Stall, PFMIC, 72#, Hot Wired, Walbro 340, Max Effort-R, Airbags, Comp Drag Shocks, ArizonaGN Radiator, RJC Duel Fans, Power Plate, Digital EGT Meter and Pullies, Scan Master 2, Auto Meter Guages, UMI Lowers, ATR Rear Sway Bar, Weld Wheels, Razor Alky, Champion PS/AC Delete, Manual Steering..... :eek 1/8 mile time - 7.1 @ 99.84 1.649 60ft with 23psi.......1/4 11.44 @ 120.79 1.90 60ft with 21/22 psi 91 pump gas and methanol

I'm in the finishing stages of getting my car together, our cars both 86 Blue/Blue T-Types are nearly identical in build, save going a little larger on the Turbo, and I'm running a girdle and Eagle crank. Cool story though, totally motivates me to get r' runnin. Hopefully then I can post a sig with relevent info :D

Thats What Im talkin About RAY!!!!!!

Thats why you are a "MONSTER", I know personally how fast and loud your car is, SWEEEEEEEEEEET. One day I hope to run an exotic. Seems like the funniest thing, when I have recently seen a Lamborghini and Two Ferrari's all within three weeks to a month apart, they were broke down on the 5 and 52, Must be from storing them too much and not driving them. My blood was pumping just reading your story, knowing you were going to get'em what happend to that kill on the Rouche or however you spell it, taught them kids what a serious light blue sleeper could do. :biggrin:

What up ray? nice kill and im glad your representing in my neck of the woods.im just curious if thats the same car that scott ran when he blew up his engine :confused: I need to get back on the road :frown: d*mn head gaskets... :mad:

Head Gaskets!!!

Dang ATR Header leak, again, doesnt spool up as quick again. I guess that Vette made me blow it out again under all that pressure.
You know what we say, " If he didnt know, NOW he KNOWs". :biggrin:

Hey Guys!

Yeah it was pretty fun to say the least! Would I do it again....OHHHH YEAH!

benoitthegr8 Do get your car together, the combo it excellent fot the street/strip very dependable. What turbo are you going with BTW?

EGOKILR The Rousche Mustang got spanked pretty bad, I'll leave it at that :) I was on my way up to LACR to tune the car when this encounter happened. I ended up running the time in my 1/4 signature at that high elevation on alky and drag radials. So, you can probably figure how hard he got pulled on :wink:

XxDarkSidexX Thanks! You better stay out of trouble LOL! I hear you though, temptation gets the best of ya sometimes.

bilt2run LOL :D

carrddine said:
What up ray? nice kill and im glad your representing in my neck of the woods.im just curious if thats the same car that scott ran when he blew up his engine :confused: I need to get back on the road :frown: d*mn head gaskets... :mad:

Dude you better get that beast back together soon! I need a buddy to cruise up to HB with! Well, you and EGOKILR. How are you making out?

You know Im always down to roll with you Ray

Dont worry He's getting it together real soon, I just had an encounter with a 911 White Porsche on the way back from Palm Springs, Cant say it was a kill because I made sure he got at least a car length ahead of me before I boosted on him. It sure is funny how cars want to test you until they see how hard you pull on them. The Porsche tried twice and then seen how hard I spooled on him and then just held back on the freeway as if to say ok I dont wanna run. :biggrin: And I still got the header leak, got some copper head gaskets coming until I buy some new headers, mine are worped. Talk to you soon.

I should be ready real soon Ray I will definately be ready by the end of march,there is some things I want to attend to on other parts of the car..dynomat,interior,ya know the odds and ends...you should come by when I get the heads..And show us how its done :smile: it is going to be at louis house keeping his gn company while we get the work done.sure could use your supervision...call me when you get a chance....

Raymond Bunch said:
It wasn't this one, it was convertible and the nose looked totally diffrent. I'm going to do a search on the cars and will post what I find. Yeah this 360 Modena is bad a$$ BTW. Thanks.
more than likely a 355 Berlinetta. Good for low 14's, high 13's :cool: good kill

i just want to say thanks to turbo for letting me park my project in his garage..And for all the help,at least his garage queen has a little company now, with my garage KING :D keeping her warm at night :eek: see ya soon.Ray give me a call...

EGOKILR said:
Dang ATR Header leak, again, doesnt spool up as quick again. I guess that Vette made me blow it out again under all that pressure.
You know what we say, " If he didnt know, NOW he KNOWs". :biggrin:
Question what stall you running i just pick up some 50`s and a te60 and a trans from brian

Back