You can type here any text you want

Engine briefly stop firing sometimes during acceleration

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

elie8512

Hey guys,I'm new to the forum. I have an 87 grand national that seems to get briefly "choked" while accelerating sometimes. When this happens the RPMS and the boost gauge drop all the way down for a split second and then the car continues to accelerate normally. Has anyone else experienced this?

Without much info I can only guess that it could be electrical related? Any popping, backfire or electrical power intruption noticeable ? Do you have a scan tool ?

Without much info I can only guess that it could be electrical related? Any popping, backfire or electrical power intruption noticeable ? Do you have a scan tool ?
No backfiring but there is a slight "pop" I guess you could call it. I have a scantool on the way, should be here Monday. I will get back to you after I install it. Thanks

electrical gremlin / ground issue... primary suspect.

Crank sensor a close second.

Check the battery cables and ground connections. All solid and clean.
will do, ill get back to you. I was obsessed with the 96 impala for many years and knew those cars pretty well. These turbo 6's are a different beast despite being much older. Thanks

Coil pack cinched down tightly?
Thanks guys, I've Been busy since i posted this. I got my scan master in the mail yesterday but won't be able to install until Thursday. When I go to install it I will check all of your suggestions. As far as hooking up the scanmaster, what size fuse do i need to run with the hot wire? Thanks

Back