87 grand national cutting out bad under boost

pulsation/sound killer thing? Is that in the tank by the fuel pump? The car isn't going to be drove till it's fixed. I'm just trying to fix it so she can sell it.
Yes. If it's all stock, you will see it when you go in the tank. I forget what its called. I'm sure everyone but me here knows what it's called.

Stock regulator. Is it a stock chip in it? What's the fuel pressure for a stock chip.;)

pulsation/sound killer thing? Is that in the tank by the fuel pump? The car isn't going to be drove till it's fixed. I'm just trying to fix it so she can sell it.

Photo of pulsator
IMG_4190.JPG

With rubber hose in place.
IMG_4191.JPG

The pulsator (if still there) or hose may be leaking (recirculating fuel in the tank) causing low pressure.
It's recommended to replace the pump with a 255lph pump while your in there for reliability and time savings.
Understanding your situation of not wanting to spend a lot of money on it you may have to drop the tank just to check it out and go from there.

Photo of pulsator
View attachment 312187

With rubber hose in place.
View attachment 312188

The pulsator (if still there) or hose may be leaking (recirculating fuel in the tank) causing low pressure.
It's recommended to replace the pump with a 255lph pump while your in there for reliability and time savings.
Understanding your situation of not wanting to spend a lot of money on it you may have to drop the tank just to check it out and go from there.
Just what I was looking for. I'm sure it's still in there because the car has never been messed with since new. I knew the guy that bought it new then sold it to my friend.

Hey guys I got the new pump today but the local mechanic told me to pinch off the return line to make sure the regulator was good. Well I did and now it has 70 pounds. So does that mean the pump is good and it's just a regulator problem?

Hey guys I got the new pump today but the local mechanic told me to pinch off the return line to make sure the regulator was good. Well I did and now it has 70 pounds. So does that mean the pump is good and it's just a regulator problem?
Where u located man? Maybe I can help you.

Where u located man? Maybe I can help you.
I'm In Leon Iowa. I'm going to replace the vacuum lines on the turbo and install the new pressure regulator as soon as I get it. Haven't worked on the car for a few days. Been down at my friends house helping her get all the other cars up and running to sell.