You can type here any text you want

Engine - Firewall ground strap; Which bolt?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

For the ground straps that runs from the firewall down to one of the transmission housing - engine block bolts which one of the 6 bolts is it supposed to attach too?

Top passanger side is for the transmission dip stick but can't remember where the ground strap goes?

Any help much appreciated .... got the transmission back in place today and what good fun with the car just on jack stands ... damn that transmission is heavy trying to lift it up onto the jack while under the car :mad:

Jan, here are some pics. Hope these help ya out.

100_4211.jpg

100_4212.jpg

100_4213.jpg

Jason

Thx Jason, so just to be clear the braided ground strap attach just to the same intake stud that the rest of the wire harness grounds attach too? And NOT as I thought one of the bolts holding the transmission housing to the engine block?

Thx Jason, so just to be clear the braided ground strap attach just to the same intake stud that the rest of the wire harness grounds attach too? And NOT as I thought one of the bolts holding the transmission housing to the engine block?

Not on my car...Now my engine has been out in the past so it might not be OEM correct, but this is how it is on my car.

Jason

Jan, I recently had my trans out and do not recal any thing other than the dipstick tube on the trans bolts...pretty sure mine is like Jason's and I don't think my motor has been out before. on vacation so I can't check until next week...but I'm 99% sure.

Scott

Back