Engine Harness???

1chance

Can any other engine harness work in a 87GN? Think i read that a 87 Camaro harness would work, anyone know?

The engine harness from a '86 front wheel drive GM w/a 3.8L will fit, has same connectors, have to lenghten some wires, ECM is same also. #1227148.

The engine harness from a '86 front wheel drive GM w/a 3.8L will fit, has same connectors, have to lenghten some wires, ECM is same also. #1227148.

theres a lot of rewiring the lengths , the ecm pinout and most connectors are same , have to rewire for sequential injectors (the fwd injector harness can also be used if repinned ) and will need a cam sensor connector and some light rewiring (fwd doesnt have a cam sensor) and harness doesnt have boost solenoid or powermaster provisions . i wouldnt bother trying to use one for a replacement but its a real good (cheap) harness option for doing a hybrid if you are capable of doing solder connections and can read electrical diagrams but keep in mind its still a 23yr old harness

Thank's, im trying to do a 84 to 87 swap, thank's for any info!

go to caspers and have them make one. i am doing this next month when he has his annual buick meeting