You can type here any text you want

Engine is on the stand again. Needs crank.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
Got the engine out and on the stand. #1 rod bearing failed. None of the others look bad. I was on the limiter on the last three passes before it was knocking and shut if right off. I have a crank, just need to send it all out to have re-sized and balanced. 5 years of straight beat'n it, I can't complain. I finally made it more than a year this time. Flat cam went flat, econo roller:mad: , and too much boost have had their toll. Oh well. At least I am a pro at this now.:rolleyes:

well you got your $$$$s worth :cool: what did it run ??? lots of "neat stuff" :biggrin:

I ran a 10.91 @ 128 on a 255/50/16 MT DR. The best 60 was a 1.70 and it was on that pass. That was on 93 and no nothing to help, with the spare tire and jack in the trunk, stock front and rear sway bars and full weight. Really. I really want to bolt a full slick on the thing and put some real gas in it, but I have no cage and don't wish to install one. ( Whomever-Please no telling me I should because I know I should ). So I am happy running what I am running and enjoy the car alot. It will be back on the road soon, just not going to rush it. I do wish I knew what it could really run!!!

Yeah im in the process of pulling mine to, i have a 4.1 (0044), and im going to do it myself. Ive paid more money than i can count to folks who have just screwed me. I got Fred turbo to do it last, and its impossible to reach them, i think they change the number, dam it to hell. Im going to do my on, and if it breaks, i dont have $8000 in it, and have to wait 8months for my car.Good luck on your rebuild, im going to need info so you guys look out for me on info!!

Got the engine out and on the stand. #1 rod bearing failed. None of the others look bad. I was on the limiter on the last three passes before it was knocking and shut if right off. I have a crank, just need to send it all out to have re-sized and balanced. 5 years of straight beat'n it, I can't complain. I finally made it more than a year this time. Flat cam went flat, econo roller:mad: , and too much boost have had their toll. Oh well. At least I am a pro at this now.:rolleyes:

Are you just using another stock crank again

Yep, just another stock crank. I have been unable to find an aftermarket crank and really don't think I need one. When the parts fail due to abuse then it's hard to blame the parts. Stock cranks can make some good power without issue as long as the tune is good and your not bouncing off the rev limiter.

Back