Engine issue

Have a new pump coming for no other reason than guy I bought the car ftom two yeats ago said he just put it on.
Gave me two other pumps also. One used and one he tried but leaked.

Open one of the saved logs in c-compWP

On the toolbar click "view" "spark function" "base spark table". The spark table will open. Then click on the log graph and use the arrows on the keyboard to scroll through the log. As you scroll over you will see a bubble on the spark map indicating what cell is being used. Must have current gct file loaded or be connected to the xfi.

Last edited:
The base spark timing table is MAP vs RPM. I will take a look at it if you send over the .gct file.

Should keep alky tank full. It's design is prone to failure. The alky gets pulled away from the pick up due to the g force.
Julio sells a test kit for checking the health of the alky system. I think for around $100. Well worth it IMO.

I would think by now he or someone else would came up with something different to prevent this. Mike "spoolfool" is looking for a new idea for his next project.

I filled the tank back up, but I think I will wait until I get the new pump installed before I make another log as I been warned.

Open one of the saved logs in c-compWP

On the toolbar click "view" "spark function" "base spark table". The spark table will open. Then click on the log graph and use the arrows on the keyboard to scroll through the log. As you scroll over you will see a bubble on the spark map indicating what cell is being used. Must have current gct file loaded or be connected to the xfi.

You must have to be connected to the car with the engine off.

I would think by now he or someone else would came up with something different to prevent this. Mike "spoolfool" is looking for a new idea for his next project.

I filled the tank back up, but I think I will wait until I get the new pump installed before I make another log as I been warned.

I couldn't agree more. The system has some flaws that have never been addressed. It's a big reason so many people have gotten away from it. It works great, when it works....

You must have to be connected to the car with the engine off.

Yes you can do it with key on engine off. Once you are connected I suggest to save the tune. Label it "original tune". Select "file" then "save all tables". Then you have it to revert to if need be. Then you can send the file over too.

Just made a small test hit.

The Pros: New Methanol pump and redo on the ground so it has no fall off now and feels much stronger.

The Cons: Battery voltage is still low even after I installed Caspers harness.
Even after raising the fuel pressure, the A/F dropped to 9.00 to one !

Attachments

• 8 9 18.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 32
Alky still spikes up in the beginning the drops down for the remainder of the run. Something still not right. Did you get a test kit too?

Voltage is typically reads lower at the ecm. Mainly due to aftermarket load on the fuse panel. You can take load off by hot wiring the inside accessories.

Did not get a test kit called today and played tag with him for a few hours, but did not get to talk to him.

Will try earlier tomorrow and find out why it is spiking.

It did read .6 volts higher at the battery.

Does Methahol play with the A/F reading ?
Is that why it went to nine to one ?

Moved the power wire from the fuse box to a power strip that is an extension of the alternator.

It lit up the "power injection" on the dash that it did not do before with the "test" button and when the pressure came up, it did go higher.
It might be a couple days before I can get it out to make a hit as it is supposed to rain the next two days here.

Made a small test hit and the pump put out more pressure but the voltage stayed low. Need a new alternator I guess since even the Casper's wire kit did not even help it.

Nothing is wired into the fuse block now.

Attachments

• 8 22 18.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 45