You can type here any text you want

engine rebuild

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alliedmike

2 Cyl short NO PROBLEM
Hey guys, i am rebuilding my 86 enging it is completely stock now and looking to see if anyone has any good combos like in the 11 second range i am thinking that 10 seconds may be pushing it budget wise what do you guys think? what type of pistons, head work, cam, turbo, etc any info anyone has would be very helpfull
thankyou
Mike

Keep it simple, forged pistons, stock rods stock crank, bowl ported iron heads, a little 210/210 roller cam and 66+mm turbo can run strong.

i was also thinking about ringing the heads while i am in there any thoughts on that? cant hurt to have more sealing power?

i was also thinking about ringing the heads while i am in there any thoughts on that? cant hurt to have more sealing power?

dont reccomend it unless you know the abilitys of your machinest and have the time to confirm cylinder head to block relationship.

if not done correctly, they will leak.

A.j.

ok that sounds good. what would you recommend for a head gasket set and any thoughts on head studs in place of the bolts?

Use FelPRo 9441pt head gaskets. THe only drawback to the FelPro or stock head gaskets is that if you do pop one, pull the pan and clean out the graphite so it doesn't clog the pick-up screen, causing rod bearing failure. Studs are nice, but bolts work good too. (ARP that is)

Use FelPRo 9441pt head gaskets. THe only drawback to the FelPro or stock head gaskets is that if you do pop one, pull the pan and clean out the graphite so it doesn't clog the pick-up screen, causing rod bearing failure. Studs are nice, but bolts work good too. (ARP that is)

I agree 100%. No need to get crazy. I've run mid 11's pretty easy on 100% stock long block and 9441pt head gaskets. I'll use them on my stock rebuild again.

on the head gaskets any thoughts on the bulletproof set that rjc sells? i spoke with them on the phone and they highly recommend them has anyone used these?

I like Cometics...never had a problem with them and plan to install them in my current (almost finished!) build too.

Back