You can type here any text you want

Engine starts, then dies

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

S2V6RACER

Banned
Question. This all starts a couple of days after a successful trip to the track.

I go to start the engine, it fires and revs up a little then dies just like you turned the key off. I try to start it again and it does the same. I gave it some AE fuel and it kept running but stalled out when I put it in gear and basically didn't feel right. It continues to do this erratically.

Last night at the track. I fire it up and it does it again. I restart it and get it off the trailer fine. I go to tech and after tech It does it again. This time there is nothing I can do to try to keep it running. It fires and immediatley stalls. I can not keep it reved up either. :mad: I get a tow back to the trailer and start checking connections under the hood, wiggle the connectors on the ECM and then she starts up, idles fine and moves on to make a 10.41 pass.:confused:

The thing that bothers me is I do not really know what was wrong, but I figured this is the way it the FAST operates when there is a problem.

Craig, what could this be? I don't want this to happen in the staging lanes:)

Ted-

If you wiggled the wires then it worked fine, why don't you think it's just a loose connection? It might not be the whole plug, but could possibly be a loose wire in the plug or something...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

Originally posted by bobc455
Ted-

If you wiggled the wires then it worked fine, why don't you think it's just a loose connection? It might not be the whole plug, but could possibly be a loose wire in the plug or something...

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I agree. BUT, I was kind of hoping for a hint in what sensor(s) that it could be. I guess I could have looked at the dashboard and monitored all the vital sensors as it fired. There is a lot going through your mind when you can't get your car started and you are in the way.

Ted

look for some vacuum leaks and such may not be an electronic problem, add ve may just help cover the problem
Otto

Ted-

Could be a variety of sensors, if that's the problem. Crank sensor and MAP sensor are the first to come to mind.

But I still think the easiest way to find your problem will just to start shaking wiring harnesses while the engine is running, and see which wire(s) cause the engine to die.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

I was thinking about the Gen 7 and the trouble codes and how nice that could/would have been to have.

Back