You can type here any text you want

engine swap question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rp1329

would anybody know if it would be a big hassle to swap out a 350 motor/trans to an 86/87 innercooled setup im looking to buy a gn that has a 350 motor in it but i want the turbo setup.
let me know
thanks

I guess it all depends how much stuff is missing or hacked up.Trying to find all the missing stuff could be a big hassle and cost alot.

thanks for the insight guys i guess ill just keep looking for a gn with the turbo 6 i dont know much engines

I concur. Depends on if the original underhood wiring harness is still there and if it's been tucked away "in case" you ever wanted to put the car back original...or if it was hacked on/ripped out in an attempt to "clean up underhood clutter". The harness alone can be bought new but it's pricey.

And also you will have to find a complete engine and trans with all the sensors and IC (if intercooled model) as well as exhaust.

Whats he want for the car?
You can probably chop his price down real good if he was the smart guy that pulled the turbo motor. Take a good look at the car a figure out what it needs to become a GN again. You might get lucky and have the harness and ecm. I think you'll need a new drive shaft. You can usually find a running motor & tranny combo on the board.
I'd say that if you can get the car for 3k its worth it.(If you're doing the swap yourself and the body is already good to go)

Post pics of it.

Back