Engine wiring harness plastic crap

Black Power

Has anyone devised a way to get rid of this awful looking plastic shroud that wraps around the back of the motor and over to the driver's side valve cover? I hate the way it looks, I don't want to have to bolt it down onto my pretty TA covers. Anyone have any ideas for me?

We build the engine harness without the wire channel (obsolete for years) and just use round conduit. I have built several harnesses where I break out the individual sensors and run the wiring under the intake. This setup looks real stealth and no wires wrap around the front of the intake. Also, I use an 8 gage wire for the alternator charge stud, and run that one thru the intake as well, rather than under the engine.

Look at this front corner of the intake:
engine_wiring_front.jpg

I don't know if anyone has told you this, but there appears to be at least one extra turbocharger on that thing. Might wanna look into that :biggrin:

That looks good John, thinking outside the box.

I will give that a shot, if I don't like it I know who to get a harness from.

Thank you for the idea.

I am going to give that route a shot. That looks like it would eliminate a lot of messy looking crap and make it easier to get under the valve covers (not that I would ever need to do that...;))

Thanks John.

Ive been trying to find a way to hide the one on the passenger side. I put all the wiring for the driver side under the intake and in the driver side fender well. Now if I could just hide that big square wire loom some how.

I would love to see the pics that GNVenom posted, but dang they are so big i can't tell sqat:redface:

I don't know if anyone has told you this, but there appears to be at least one extra turbocharger on that thing. Might wanna look into that :biggrin:

Oh yeah, always good to carry a spare on critical parts...

I'll post smaller images on the big ones.

Mine never fit after I installed the TA Perf valve covers so when I did the rebuild I replaced it with convoluted tubing routed along the driver's fender. I'm going to work a little more on the routing after the motor is back in.

I would love to see the pics that GNVenom posted, but dang they are so big i can't tell sqat:redface:

instant solution:
right mouse click the pic, "save as" on your desktop.
then click on that saved image off your desktop.
voila! its now smaller so you can see the whole thing... :)

Mine never fit after I installed the TA Perf valve covers so when I did the rebuild I replaced it with convoluted tubing routed along the driver's fender. I'm going to work a little more on the routing after the motor is back in.

That's what I ended up having to do as well. The taller GN1 heads and the taller valve covers made it a beyotch to work with this wiring, so I taped and did the convoluted tubing. Oh well, maybe I can kidnap John Spina and make him do it pretty for me before I let him loose :tongue: