You can type here any text you want

Eric, (Fisher),...you out there? Gotta question for ya...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Freddie's Buick

Hell No! I'm not a junior
Some time ago you told me about a type of paint you used to repaint the interior plastic parts and moldings and that you often used it.

Well I'm going thru a new headliner repair and the paint on the old interior molds has chipped and cracked real badly. Since I'm already in there, you think you can pass that info on to me again?

I need that name brand and prep info. I don't want to use the plastic paints that are offered in the can at local auto parts stores and Walmart. I tried that stuff along with their plastic prep and well it did'nt last. Like I wrote it cracked and peeled easily and it is junk after a couple of years.

I want something that will really stick. Can you help? :rolleyes:

Well howdy stranger:biggrin: We were just talking about how you never come over to this side of the net-lol.

I don't know which color your interior is but gbodyparts has used low mileage interior parts and had them colormatched by computer. From what I've heard it is dead on. I don't know if you'd have to use sandfree for adhesion though. Hope this helps.

Now I have a question for you. What has to be done to run an OD trans and have lockup operational by an n/a or turbo car that didn't originally come with an OD trans and is still equipped with computer? I've noticed the plugs are different and was wondering what needs to be done to have it work correctly.

....Now I have a question for you. What has to be done to run an OD trans and have lockup operational by an n/a or turbo car that didn't originally come with an OD trans and is still equipped with computer? I've noticed the plugs are different and was wondering what needs to be done to have it work correctly.

You'll have to re-wire it. If possible, get the male plugs to the 4-speed and start from there. There's a transmission expert from NYC on this forum, (can't remember his name but he's very good). He may be able to help with the wiring if it's do-able. But I'm not sure if the conversion to a workable TCC 4-speed may or may not work, (never done it before). It's the ECM's chip that controls the parameters on the 3-speed.

Mine is a traditional heavy duty three speed 350C. Kept it because I rebuilt it and modified it with a Transgo-kit to leave the TCC operational to OEM specs. It's a very close second best transmission to the R4. My opinon is the simpler the better. So I opted not to have the more complex and fragile R4, (but more-so because I'm a cheapskate). :D

Plus, I did'nt want to dish out additional money for a new cross-member. I'm sure you know that going from a three speed to a four needs the CM to be changed. :(

yeah but not too worried about that part. Iforgot all about the 350C! Now I feel like a tard;)

LOL toldja Jesse. LOL We've done this with 700r4 before so it shouldn't be a problem.

anyone know of a solution when the plastic interior panels get that chaulky texture and start getting scratches, like a way to re-coat them and seal them?

freddy,

Don't know if this is what you were looking for, but when I had to repaint some interior plastic pieces, I used SEM brand Color Coat Flexible Coating. SEM Products - Catalog It works great, specifically made for plastics, vinyls, carpeting, etc. It has lasted well for 3-4 years in the florida sunsihine without cracking, fading, etc. You should also use some kind of adhesion promoter (i used dupli-color brand, there are others). It helps the paint/dye stick better when painting on plastic, vinyl, fiberglass etc. The SEM stuff wasn;t at the local auto parts store, I had to order it from a local auto paint supply place, but it wasn;t too expensive.

I dont remember who, but someone on the board here told me about this stuff, and I remember they were one of the experts whose opinion I'd trust.

hope this helps!

Back