You can type here any text you want

Erratic o2 corrections

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnfanatic

hey guys, I am goin a little nuts here. got a BS3, wbo2 is in dp. no exhuast leaks at all. car is running pig rich, 02 correction is -22.7 at idle, hot. a/f is 13.6. problem is I will lower the number in the cell in the fuel table , the o2 correction will go down but is not consistant. for instance, if I get it down to -3.2 and rev the throttle it will go all the way up to -22.5 then 10 seconds later it will go down to -5.1. it can never stay atr that number. if I shut off the car and restart with that calibration saved, the o2 correction will be higher. what the hell is going on here?? everything is soldered and double checked. once I get it like -2.0 act af and des af is almost the same but the 02 jsut cant stay the same it will jump numbers dramatically, I know something is wrong here. I expect it to moive around a tad but not by 10 numbers.

help!
thanksd
Ralph
yes I put the in the right inj cc size for the parameters, alot the tps settings and iac numbers are right.

There may be some afterstart enrichment influencing the readings after startup. Air temp, enigne load, electrical load all are factors to consider, your never going to get the same correction all the time, just get it as close as you can.

I dopnt expect to get the same number all the time, we are talking a difference from -2.5 - -14.1
obviously something is wrong.
volts 14.1
car is hot, air temp sensor works

thanks
Ralph

I would look at the total correction on the main dashboard. If you have -14% O2 correction, there might be +14% of some other correction (afterstart, air temp correction, etc.), or maybe there is something else like your warm-up enrichment is not zeroed out.

If you don't have any of the other corrections counteracting the O2 correction, then I would start looking for a vacuum leak or exhaust leak.

-Bob Cunningham

Thanks Bob, I will check that out. checking my log file. clt coreection is 0, atm correction is 0, air correction is 0 and so is atf. my vac at idle is roughly 7.3 (boost -7.3).I fixed the turbo and dp leak. they dont leak anymore. on the setting sof the bs3, clt correection is 0 after 140 degree's, air temp is -3.. this is all I can see right now. anyone else can think of anything to look at in bs3??

thanks
Ralph

A couple things.....

1)When you reduce the VE table at idle are you reducing in one cell or the ones around the one the bubble is in?

2) If you getting the correction down to -3 then you are reving the engine and the 02 correction is going to
-22 then you are gettin map or tps enrichment I would think. It would not be VE table issues.

3) When you cut the car off and crank are you allowing enough time for your afterstart enrichment to go away?

4) And my all time favorite question..is your IAC too active at idle?

Hey Ricky, thanks for your help:

1;) I reducethe number in the main cell and the cells the bubbles goes into a little.

2:)How do i check this?

3:)I do this when the car is 174 degrees and the idle has gone down to 850-900 rpm

4-) IAC is active, IAC count is 22-25 at idle in P and in D.

thanks guys!
help me out here!
Ralph

Originally posted by gnfanatic
Hey Ricky, thanks for your help:

1;) I reducethe number in the main cell and the cells the bubbles goes into a little.

2:)How do i check this?

3:)I do this when the car is 174 degrees and the idle has gone down to 850-900 rpm

4-) IAC is active, IAC count is 22-25 at idle in P and in D.

thanks guys!
help me out here!
Ralph

If the BS3 has the graphs like the FAST, you would just open AE pages and look for the line jumping in at idle.

If you can your A/F correction to -2 and when you rev it comes back to -5 I would not be worried about that. But I would look at AE for the reving A/F that makes correction go to -22.. That is too much correction.

YOur closed to step is probabably set to low, causing huge swings, put it to 9 and see how it goes

Back