Estimated E.T.

N

NTIMID8

I am a new owner of a 1986 wh1 buick. I just ordered some parts and already put them on. I am wondering what the estimated e.t. would be. I have a TA-60, double pumpers, atr $1200 headers, and a bunch of little stuff. I ran a 13.6 @ 101mph, and that was with leaving the line with 0 pounds of boost, and only running 12 lbs of boost, turbo problems. Well since then I upgraded the turbo and this also fixed my boost problem. My buddy is a poor owner of a 95 AWD turbo Talon, and he is a SH*T talker out of this world. He ran a 11.8 and I was just wondering if the way I sit right now, what will I run not tuned, and then tuned. Thanks fellas, I appreciate it.

I Would Tell A Little More About Your Mods??
Check My Sig Below, I Have a TA-60 So Far I Love It, I Ran 12.09 @ 111.11 With a 19* Testa Chip, And Going Back To The Track I Hope This Friday With More Timing In The Chip, Hope Ta See Some 11.70's Or Better
:D
Good Luck And Have Fun;)
Later,

Huh? Whats the rest of your combo? $1200 headers are worthless if you have stock injectors, A TA60 will give up .4 seconds to a Talon off the line without a 3000 Stall torque converter. And a Double pumper isn't required until you are running 10's (and you have about $2000 (more likely $4000) more in mods to buy to get there).

Untuned, on pump gas, I would guess the best you could hope for is 13.2@103.

On race gas, and very high boost (25 psi) maybe you'll run a 12.4@111 as it sits.

Without taking the time to tune it you could run anywhere from 12 sec to 14 sec. Those headers could end up slowing you down. The stock ones are excellent (except the cracking part)

I agree with UNGN, low thirteens on pumpgas/radials and running well, low/mid twelves on slicks set up to run high boost. Gotta have injectors to meet the fuel demand.

Sidenote: Unless you've actually seen the tallon run those times, I wouldn't believe it. The BS stops when the lights come up on the board, and 99% of them ricers are running 14's and 15's, 0.9% are running high 13's, 0.1% are faster than that till they break! Put your car into the twelves and tell your buddy you run 1 second slower than you are.;)

HEHEHE
OK, get your car into the 12's (shouldnt be hard to do at all) and tell your buddy you want to run him "best 3 of 5" and if he really does run those times, he will more than likely break on the 2nd of 3rd run so you will have a few bye runs to get your 3 of 5............LOL

BS!!!

That friend of yours that "supposedly" runs 11.8's if ull of crap...Unless he has a rebuilt motor wih a hella lot of boost and drag radials all the way around, he's not running those kind of numbers...I talked with a guy in Gainseville Dragway with a TSI that was fully gutted out with all kinds of bolt-ons with race gas and he was only running 12.6's...Run ur friend and put the smack down on him:D

PS..Let us know when u do run ur friend:)

I am running 009's with a red high idle 93 chip, but at the track i will run my red 107 chip with 24lbs. of boost. I haven't raced him yet but I did see him go down the track. I don't understand, my buddy told me, he owns a 87 Grand National, that a TA-60 is a big jump from stock, so if i ran a 13.6 with a stock chip, stock turbo, unable to leave with any boost, and only running 13lbs. of boost, I could run mid to high 11's with leaving with 5lbs. of boost, running 24lbs. of boost, red 107 chip, and cheater slicks would put me in the 11's.

Originally posted by NTIMID8
I don't understand, my buddy told me, he owns a 87 Grand National, that a TA-60 is a big jump from stock, so if i ran a 13.6 with a stock chip, stock turbo, unable to leave with any boost, and only running 13lbs. of boost, I could run mid to high 11's with leaving with 5lbs. of boost, running 24lbs. of boost, red 107 chip, and cheater slicks would put me in the 11's.

Sure, anythings possible. Let us know how you do.

I don't want to bust your balloon, but regardless of the parts on your car, you need some experience at the track launching and driving your car with these new go fast parts, not to mention a lot of tuning time......don't race anyone until you do it...otherwise, you will regret it....

cars don't just go fast...it takes some work