ET Front - Has anyone used these for the street?

Steve Petro

I am thinking about putting Mickey Thompson ET Fronts on 4 inch rims. The tires would be 26.0 x 4.5-15.
It the rear I will have ET Streets 28.0 x 11.5-15.
They will be on 8 inch wide wheels.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

I am not going to drive the car daily. Just cruise nights and a few times to the track:)

I see lots of guys on the street around here in chicago running them ALL the time. The tire on my GN is just slightly bigger and I have no problems at all. Just my opinion,

Jamin

Originally posted by Steve Petro
I am thinking about putting Mickey Thompson ET Fronts on 4 inch rims. The tires would be 26.0 x 4.5-15.
It the rear I will have ET Streets 28.0 x 11.5-15.
They will be on 8 inch wide wheels.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

Steve, something I'd mention to consider is getting a taller front tire also. One of my cars has 28" tires and regular 235 front 26" tires and looks quite raked. Another car has the 28" rears on 8" rims, but has something like 215/70R15 on the front 4" rims, giving more a 27" front tire height. This seems to give the car a less aggressive, yet smooth and mean looking rake, and those front tires fill the front wheel wheels up well (stock springs help also:D ). The wider tire on a small rim up front also helps it look less like an all-out race car, if that's what you prefer.

The car does handle ok even without the front sway bar. Its the last car on my website if you want to check it out, although I don't have any good side pics yet (too much snow:mad: )

The next size ET Front is 27.5
Do you think that would be better looking than the 26.0?

Keep in mind the rears ar 28.0

The next size ET Front is 27.5
Do you think that would be better looking than the 26.0?

Keep in mind the rears ar 28.0
Partly personal preference, but I like how the taller tire looks in front, filling up the front wheel well, as compared to a 26" tire. I would think the the taller might handle better on a smaller front rim, but I may be wrong on that.

The pics aren't too great, but you can kind of see the difference on my website. Dark Red car has 275/28" rear tires, 215/26" front, GN has 26" 245s all around on 16" rims, and the Dark Carmine has 27" fronts and 28" rears. I really like the look of the 27" front, 28" rear tire look the best, as long as the backspacing is correct, especially on the rears.

Tim,
Your cars look awesome, I love the colors!!!!
Now you got me thinking about a taller tire in front.
I think with the taller than stock in the rear fills the wheel well nicely. I don't want a 4 x4 look in the front with alot of gap.
I have no sway bar also. 90/10 drag shocks in front also.

So with a 28 in the rear and 27.5 in front it will have a slight rake to it. I do not want the big gap.

I came into a deal for some NEW Weld Drag Lites 15x8 rear and 15x4 fronts. My neighbor is a manager at a Discount Tire.
I was not planning with going with the "pizza cutters" in front. I do however like the racey look. The car is definetly set up to go fast and it will be in "kill" mode at all times. Even though I probably will not drive it like that with my 2 year old Son and pregnant Wife in it:eek:

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!:)

Backspacing on the 15x8 rear is 3.5
\
If you have not bought yet, check on the board on the bs. I know my 8.5" Vectors "Turbo-T look alike" on my Dark Red T are around 3.5" bs, and they stick out a bit too much on the rear fender area. I believe my Telestars on the Dark Carmine are 4"bs, but I don't have my car here to measure them. I'll send you some pics that may help you.

From asking around the Welds in 8" width the 3.5 bs is good without sticking out. My neighbor can try spacers if needed.
He says it will work with the ET Streets.